Kinetick Data Loading Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick Data Loading Speed

Recently, I have been finding Kinetic data load rates getting slower and slower, to the point where it is taking over 10 minutes to load all my Forex chart data. How can I speed up the data loading? Today, I've lost data on half my charts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the problem, I am really trying to find a reason to use NinjaTrader and I keep finding reasons not to.

email - had to use gmail because my provider and email account setup specifically for trade alerts doesn't work. (whole thread re: that issue)

data feeds: slow as sin; Zen-Fire with Kinetick backup it takes 28 charts 10-15m to become available. This same count, identically built charts using a competitors free charting app, they are available near instantaneously.
    (Zen-Fire demo; Kinetick paid account)

I chose NT for is great charting capabilities, but it is becoming apparent that those capabilities are all NT has to offer. I can live with the email, however data feed speed is of utmost importance.
    Last edited by FxQuad; 05-29-2011, 06:24 PM.

Hello FxQuad,

Do you perhaps have more indicators applied in your charts than before? Indicators will need to be calculated as well when chart data is loaded.

Were there any changes as per your internet connection that could clarify the slower loading times?

Could it be you have workspaces opened in the background that will request data as well as soon as you connect to Kinetick?

Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if your charts load their data quicker.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Number of Indicators is constant at 4; 2 SMA, 1 ADX, 1 Stochastic

Internet connect is a 40 mb line with 40mb download rate and 4 mb upload.

I do have a lot of Workspaces - 1 for each Currency containing anywhere from 4 to 7 Charts. However, I only start NT with the smallest Workspace, all others are closed.

Well it seems to have sorted itself out, maybe Kinetick doesn't feed data as fast during off-hours. But through Saturday and into Sunday afternoon (EST), load times were getting longer and longer.

*editted to correct errors in details
      Last edited by FxQuad; 05-30-2011, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying. Please check if the behavior recurs next weekend.

You mentioned you lost half the amount of your historical data. It would take longer than usual to load your charts with data again since more data needs to be loaded than usual from Kinetick. Once you load historical data it is saved in NinjaTrader.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Davidtowleii  
        Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes