Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to IB times out ...opens and closes IB and loop

Hi

I'm trying to connect NT7 to IB TWS 917 without success. NT automatically starts up TWS (even if its already started) and continuously starts and stops TWS before ending in a timeout.

How can I fix this problem ?

Hello EnergieB,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections, highlight your IB connection and click Change. Click Next twice and disable 'Auto logon'. Finish the connection.

Make sure the TWS API options are setup as per the IB connection guide below.

Subsequently, connect to IB and let me know if the issue remains.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

AutoLogon is disabled. It still starts up TWS, even if its already started. It starts up fine, however after a few seconds its attempts to login once again. 3 attempts and then a timout.

I'm running windows via VMWARE FUSION on a mac....will try and run it via bootcamp and see if thats an issue. If you think of anything else, please let me know

Regards
      Bilal

Comment

Hello Bilal,

If the issue remains after testing Bootcamp, please try the following.

While NinjaTrader is closed, please go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 and transfer the Config.xml file outside the NinjaTrader 7 folder.

Start NinjaTrader and create a new IB connection and check if the issue remains.

Comment

Hi Jason

Still an issue. It does not detect that TWS has already been started and attempts to start it up several time. AutoLogon is unchecked as suggested.

How does NT detect that TWS has been started ?

Bilal

Comment

Hello Bilal,

Can you please tell me what NinjaTrader version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About. Make sure you have version 7.0.1000.6 installed.

NinjaTrader should not attempt to start TWS if it is already opened.

Please send me your log and trace files for today as well. You can find these files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110531 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110531 for today. (trace.yyyymmddI for any other date)

You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Hi Jason,

have the same trouble with the "Auto-Restart" (which is uncheked in the config) and Interactive Brokers connection. My NT7 version ist the latest one (.6) and the issues come after updating the TWS. Appreciate any help. Thanks a lot.
              Jens

Comment

sju10544,

Can you confirm the TWS version you updated to? Are you on supported TWS build 917? You can check this under Help--> About from TWS.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

TWS version 918 connection problem

I updated to TWS version 918 today and found NinjaTrader 7.1000.6 cannot connect to TWS, it launches new TWS and closes it and falls into the loop. After I downgrade to 917, it goes back to normal. It seems TWS 918 has a bug.

Comment

Thanks for reporting.

TWS 918 is not supported at this time - you must use TWS 917 with the current version of NinjaTrader.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes guys, can confirm all this. I'm also using TWS 918 and have the "loop issue" with NT 7.1000.6.

Comment

same here. So how can I "downgrade" to 917? Do I have to download it again from IB website? Do I have to delete 918?
                        Thanks

Comment

Please note that TWS 918 is currently not supported with NinjaTrader. You will need to use TWS 917 which you can download and install from our IB connection guide at the link below.

I am not sure if TWS needs to be deleted first before installing a new instance. I believe you can install it on top, however I suggest to contact IB for clarification if TWS needs to be removed first or not.

Comment

Hi.

You can install TWS 917 over 918.
                            Just download it from this link (choose Windows Previous)

I had the same problem as you with TWS 918. By doing this it works fine now with TWS 917.

Comment

TWS 918>917 - IB 7.1000.6: Still disconnect errors

I run mainly FX charts on NT off IB data.
                              If the problem cause lies with NT pls confirm and provide NT update that will will work with TWS 918 and later ASAP ?

Downgraded to IB's TWS 917 after finding solution provided here below to the TWS 918 version. However since then I still experience several disconnects per day, while both TWS and NT seem to be running OK.

See main error message in enclosed .doc file !
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post usazencort  
                              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                              5 responses