Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to futures and Ninjatrader

Hello to all!
    I am new to futures and Ninjatrader. I've decided to explore the world of futures after being involved with the FOREX market which I still trade. One of the biggest issues with the FOREX market is the Volume which is never the true volume, but rather the amount of volume traded per broker. This makes many strategies difficult if not worthless.
    My questions are as follows:

When I set up my Ninjatrader with one of the data providers, say eSignal, will the market data be the true raw market data from the selected exchanges? More clearly, will the volume be the true volume traded at the exchange?

What would be the beginning basic steps to start trading futures with Ninjatrader?

Thanks in advance for the help! And good week start to you all!

Hello Martinius,

NinjaTrader acts like a radio receiver and displays the data it receives from the connected data feed. Unfortunately eSignal's FX data only provides tick volume, so the trades done and not the actual quantity.

You can download and install NinjaTrader for free from the link below.

You can use it as long as you like to trade in simulation and practice with the software.

We have free daily live training sessions which will quickly get you up to speed with our software.

More information about these sessions can be found here:
    Watch daily livestreams to learn how to trade futures. Tune in as NinjaTrader experts provide futures market analysis and trading tips. Join us today!

Furthermore I have included links of our Help Guide and Video Library:

Help Guide

Video Library
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi again and thanks for your quick respose!
      Is there a way to have real Volume from the exchanges in Ninjatrader? My goal with Ninjatrader is to trade only Futures and not Forex (I trade Forex with Metatrader since my Forex broker supports only that platform). I'm using strategies such as Bill Williams along with my own. Using the MFI Volume by Bill Williams I rely on true volume. Is this possible with Ninjatrader and a good live feed provider?
      I'll bother you with just another question while I'm at it:
      To properly trade with Ninjatrader do I have to sign up with a broker AND a livefeed provider or is a broker enough?
      Thanks again for the help!

Comment

It depends on what data feed you connect in NinjaTrader. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

You will need to check with the data feed provider if they support real forex volume data - unfortunately we do not have this information listed.

Signing up with a broker is enough. They will provide you login information to create a connection in NinjaTrader that will allow you to connect to your live account and provides data in NinjaTrader as well.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes