Multiple data connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello shiva_mohan

I have discussed this specific configuration with our Level II desk and they have confirmed that this lack of real-time update after the Forex chart is loaded is expected. This is due to the fact that the data stream will not fail-over from the primary since it actually does provide the data - regardless of how this mapping is altered.

In this case, you would want to subscribe to the real-time Forex data to resolve this issue.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How does ninja know that Kinetick offers data for a particular instrument?

If I can disable delayed FX quotes from Kinetick, will ninja then properly retreive data from the secondary connection? Or is there some other configuration file within Ninja that tells it which instruments are provided by which connection?

Comment

It is important to understand the mapping is essentially taking place on the back end. Since you are connecting to Kinetick first going to call for real-time & historical data from the first connection (see post # 3).

Yes - The resolution to this is to get real-time quotes from the data-only provider. This will allow the Forex charts to update as desired.

Comment

hmm ... two questions (sorry for being difficult ... I'm trying to understand this better):

1) If mapping occurs in the backend, what purpose does the symbol map configuration serve?

2) Ok I tried something different and I'm not sure why this doesn't work.

I created a new instrument (called "Dingo"). I set the mapping in Interactive Brokers to GBP.USD. The settings are identical to GBPUSD except the only symbol mapping is to Interactive.

When I try to load up $Dingo when only connected to IB, everything works perfectly. When I try to load up $Dingo when IB is a secondary connection, same behavior as trying to load $GBPUSD. Why would Ninja assume Dingo is an instrument that Kinetick provides? Other than the symbol mapping for IB, there is no connection to the GBPUSD. Does Ninja assume all currencies should flow through Kinetick?

Comment

Hello

No – NinjaTrader does not ‘assume’ all currencies are mapped through Kinetick or any instruments for that matter.

The important concept to grasp is the connection order. If you are connected to Kinetick, BarChart, or any other provider NinjaTrader will go to that connection first for both real-time and historical data.

Please see the section of the help guide that discusses connection order:

The resolution in this case is to subscribe to real-time data for the primary connection if it does not have it already.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post bltdavid  
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes