IRT / NT COMMUNICATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRT / NT COMMUNICATION

I am trying to automate communication between IRT and NT using V# variables and would be grateful for advice from anyone who has managed to do so. This is how I am trying to solve the problem.

I have a scan (LONGENTRY) which places a signal marker on a chart. I do not want the signal to fire if a trade is already in progress but I do want the signal marker to appear.

I have therefore created a copy of LONGENTRY (LONGENTRY RT) and added 'and V#1 = 0'. (V#1 is defined as 0 = no active trade, 1 = active trade). LONGENTRY RT is linked to a signal action. A 'confirm with' scan sets V#1 = 1, sets other V# variables with OHLC at entry and sets V#9 = [stop value]. The signal action also generates the entry.oif with V#9 embedded in it.

Will a 'confirm with' scan set V#9 before entry.oif is generated or should the 'confirm with' logic happen in the signal?

When the trade is closed I need to set V#1 = 0. Doing this from the PUF seems to make more sense than doing it from IRT. Has anyone found a way to to do this?
    Thanks
    James

imported post

Not everyone checks these forums. Have you tried posting to the IRT Yahoo Group forum?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

James,

I have been using NT with IRT for a long time and have NT andIRT talking back and forth very nicely. It is definitely possible to do what you are talking about here.

The best way for IRT know if you ar long, short, or flat is to have IRT importing the PUF information directy from NT...which it can do continuously on 1 second intervals. You are right when you state in your last few sentances: "Doing this from the PUF seems to make more sense than doing it from IRT. Has anyone found a way to to do this?"

Yes, I am importing the 6 availablePUF fields into IRT on a continuous basis. We can then do lots of wonderful things in IRT with this information. See the attached screen shot to see how to setthis up.

To do what you describe here I would then run a signal marker with the same trigger, but would add this stipulation to the signal marker fomula:" AND (V#60!=0)".

In my case V#60 represents the position size in NT, so if NT is not flat and the signal triggers, this would cause a marker to appear only when a trade is already on.There is no need to use a confirm signal or to run a signal action just to create this signal marker. (You can use the reverse of this, "(V#60=0)",totell IRT when to actually opena new tradein the other marker.)

I rarely make it over to check this forum, though I do follow the forum on IRT. It is pure chance that I spotted your message here. Feel free to contactme by email again if you get stuck with this, or would like to take this further.

May your longs go up and your shorts go down,

Dan
      Attached Files

Comment

imported post

Dan,
        Very many thanks. I'll let you know ho I get on.
        James

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post junkone
        by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
        12 responses