Ninja version 7-----.6 and TT data feed issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja version 7-----.6 and TT data feed issues

Since updating to the current 7---.6 version , I have been having data disconnections, and issues reconnecting. If I reboot each time it seems to regain the feed, but that won't work for a platform. Curious if anyone else is having issues, and what resolution is coming? THe last time, I reconnected and I only recieved ES data for my charts, and some volume data for other symbols in the Market Analyzer. Otherwise the NQ, 6E, YM, ZN and so forth were not getting data for the charts, or Market Analyzer, and the DOM's intially stayed gray. The DOM's eventually had color as though active, but no data updated in them.
    Thank you, and I have sent an email from the platform with logs.
    Bob

Hello a-10tankkill,

Thank you for your post.

Do you know the Ticket ID for the request you emailed from the platform? This is typically in the subject line of the auto-responder.

If you are unsure, do you know who received/responded to your inquiry with the log/trace files?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I think that is the ticket number. I am sending another file today. I may have included too much info as it is still creating the file to email. Sorry for that, although it looks like it is making it a zip file, just taking a long time. I thought maybe it was related to my son turning on his Ipod as it coincided with the data drop today, but I had him turn it off and back on and I wasn't able to necesarilly replicate the issue. It has cut out twice today now, and even though it said I was connected after the first disconnect, I was not getting data. I am wondering if a wireless connection has something to do with it, but can't specifically duplicate it by turning wireless connections off and on.
      All wired connections except the data feed are working. I checked to see if I could pull up a webpage on the computer using Ninja when the disconnect occured and it worked fine, so specifically related to Ninja and/or TT.
      Thank you
      Bob

Comment

Hello a-10tankkill ,

It is very likley an issue with wireless connection.

Connecting wirelessly can drastically impact performance during heavy volume periods. Depending on signal strength, your modem/router is unable to push all the data through. This can be resolved by connecting directly into the modem/router via a hard line.

Comment

The computer, and thus the data feed are on a hard wire connection. I was simply saying that I thought it may have been due to wireless issues, but was able to determine that the wireless is not the reason for the hard wire connection issues. Again the computer is hard wired to the router and then modem. I have sent to more file/emails today, but don't seem to be getting anywhere other than the implication that the problem is from TT. The issue I have with that is that it started to occur only after upgrading Ninja to the current version, and was not occurring before that time.
          Currently I am connected, charts are updating T&S is updating, and the Market Analyzer seems to be updating. But my DOM's show live(they are yellowish, instead of the auto default mode of sim and gray) even though I haven't switched to the live mode, and they are not getting any data, ie there are no prices showing. I also don't show any feed as being connected via the File---Connect menu, and if I look to disconnect the data under File--- Disconnect, I don't show a feed to disconnect, ie all are grayed out as though none is active, obviously including the TT feed.
          Thank you

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the clarification - I am not sure if your diagnostic files are coming through.

Can you please send an email to [support]at[ninjatrader[dot]com without any attachments and and include 'Attn Matthew' in the subject line and a reference to this thread.

Please also include your phone number and a date/time you would be reached so I can assist you remotely.

Comment

TT Data Feed and ICE Exchange

I asked my broker, Velocity Futures, for real time data over the TT feed for the DX dollar index futures contract. They said that the only ICE data I can get for Ninjatrader is for the TF.

Is this correct? How can I get DX real time price data other than by paying the ICE $70 monthly fee on Kinetick?

Comment

Hi Ricam,

Thank you for your post.

That is correct - the only ICE instrument supported for TT/NinjaTrader users is TF.

If Kinetick data won't meet your needs, you'll also want to check in with eSignal, BarChart and IQ Feed for pricing information.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post loganjarosz123  
                Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes