Trend Channel Disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend Channel Disappearing

Drew a Trend Channel on a S&P 500 daily chart then when I compressed the time axis to have fewer bars showing the channel disappeared. I had 50% and 25% lines on the channel plotted and current price was at the 25% line so I know it didn't disappear because of lines drawn outside of visible area.

Hello

Thank you for your post.

I am trying to recreate this behavior but need you to detail the exact step you are taking.

You could also post a screenshot if you believe it would help to clarify.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for responding so quickly Chip, here are two screen shots, notice minimal time compression when the channel disappears.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello DeskTroll,

I was able to replicate this issue by reproducing the objects on your charts.

Objects with more than two points for the anchor might disappear while scrolling when either anchor point is far away from the display range.

Under these circumstances, we cannot guarantee the behavior. For example, it is possible to have both anchors off the visible range, but still have the object and as you scroll a little bit then to have the line disappear despite both anchors still being outside the visible range.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Hello DeskTroll,

I was able to replicate this issue by reproducing the objects on your charts.

Objects with more than two points for the anchor might disappear while scrolling when either anchor point is far away from the display range.

Under these circumstances, we cannot guarantee the behavior. For example, it is possible to have both anchors off the visible range, but still have the object and as you scroll a little bit then to have the line disappear despite both anchors still being outside the visible range.
          Matthew, Can you put in a request to "fix" this issue? Shouldn't have to constantly adjust a chart thru out the day just to keep a trend channel visible, seems if a channel can be drawn with rays that stay plotted the TC should also.

Thanks

Comment

Hi DeskTroll,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've forwarded this along to development who has assigned it number 1065 in our internal tracking system.

Thanks again for taking the time to write in with this feedback.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes