ES (SP 500 e-mini) session template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES (SP 500 e-mini) session template

I have a question regarding the session template to be used for example in a 240 min ES chart. If I say "use instrument settings", which is the NT default, the bars start at 1/2 past the hour. If I say "Default 24/7" the bars start at the top of the hour.

If I do the same plot on IB for example using their own charts, and the default there seems to be top of the hour.

Is there a "pro standard" - the one the pros use for the ES charts? Reason I ask is depending on which setting you use, some of the lines like trend lines could angle differently which makes a difference in some cases, although they typically align the same.

Hello higher.high,

Thank you for your post.

It would depend on the session template you are using and the start hour you select.

The session template for 'Use instrument settings' on the ES is the US CME Futures ETH. This begins at 3:30CST , which is why you see the start 1/2 past the hour.

The default 24/7 starts at 12:00AM EST where the chart would show the top of the hour with this setting.

There is not a standard for these and would depend on your preferences. If you wish you can modify or create your own session templates by using the session manager:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes