Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User Here, Wanting to Use NT for Futures and Automated Trading

Hello all,

New User Here, Wanting to Use NT for Futures and Automated Trading.

I have been a thinkorswim user for over a year, and I like the platform. I am deeply interested in getting into automated trading.

I have experimented with Wizardlab for the last few months. And though it shows promise, it still seems very buggy, and secondly, it still does not trade futures or forex. they keep saying in a few quarters they will do this, but I'm not sure I believe them.

so here are a few opening questions:

1) I use thinkorswim as my data provider. I have searched this forum and have found that there is no way yet to link the thinkorswim data feed to NT. Hmmm, given that tos is now owned by TDameritrade, you'd think I could hook into the tdameritrade data feed for free.

2) Any free data feeds out there? I see there is that kinetic data feed, that can load at the end of the day or whatever, not real time. any free real time (delayed 20 minutes) feeds?

3) If I am limited to the kinetic data feed, I guess I can work with that for now. As long as I can use something to backtest automated strategies.

4) Speaking of which, where *does* one even begin to play with automated strategies and backtesting them? I dont see that in the helptext

Hello outstretchedarm,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

1.) Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to connect NinjaTrader to ThinkOrSwim, but you can connect the software to TD Amertirade for equity and index data, if you'd like. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to TD AMERITRADE and specific connection configuration information. Click here to take me to the TD AMERITRADE Connection Guide

2.) Kinetick EOD, Yahoo and Google all offer free delayed end-of-day daily data. Unfortunately, no provider is currently offering a free intra-day data connection at this time.

3.) So long as you'll be backtesting with daily data, the free Kinetick EOD feed should be great for this.

4.) Please see the following link to our Help Guide for an introduction to NinjaScript development, including a few tutorials: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/editor.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes