Stuck Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck Order

I was trading a bunch of ES contracts on SIM and when I clicked close the status just above the net profit for the day indicated FLAT but I still had 2 sell orders left on the screen and there's no way for me to get rid of them. This happened last week too and I had to reset the SIM account to get rid of it. I started with a single ATM order with 1 contract and I bought and sold(hit targets or manually sold) on the same order and then closed the balance at the end. I don't want to reset the account every time this happens because I lose my history. Any ideas? I posted a snapshot of part of the chart.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Attached Files

Hello pkinoc,

Thank you for your post.

What happens when you tried to close the stops and targets? Do you get any error messages? What is the "State" of these orders from the orders tab of the Control Center?

Are you running any security programs that could be interfering with your database, such as anti-virus?

If so, please make sure your Virus scanner or any other application that would lock files have excluded the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder.

You will want to ensure that none of the files in this directory are being locked, or to remove this directory from your anti-viruses scanning list.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

If I click on the little X's nothing happens.

If I try to drag them to another price it seems to work until I drop it and then it just goes back to the old location.

If I click on them and try to reduce the # from 1 to 0 it doesn't work.

The orders aren't even listed in the orders tab(this time). The last time they were pending and I tried to cancel them but nothing happened.

If I restart Ninja and try all of the above - same thing.

I trade all the time. Is it a known issue for Norton to mess with Ninja?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the clarifiaction.

Unfortunately you will need to reset your simulation account to clear out these current orders.

However, I have seen many instances where programs like Norton were interfering with the database which results in issues just as you have reported.

Please make sure you have added scanning exclusions for the Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder to prevent issues. Please make sure you have not only created exclusions for manual scanning, but also for their auto-protect feature.

If you are unsure on how to proceed with these steps, please check with Norton for full instructions.

Comment

I just added the exclusions.

I restarted my desktop and now two pending orders show up in the order tab.

Just for my information, did this start happening recently with Norton, possibly due to new scanning rules, or have I just been lucky?

Thanks,
          Peter

Comment

Hello,

This has always been an issue with 3rd party security software which might temporarily lock your database.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes