Skip / Jump / Shift in Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip / Jump / Shift in Chart

Hello, is here any way to jump on bar with specific Index and have it on the right side of the chart?

Something like:

Code:
    protected override void Initialize() {
     gotoBar(500); //Initialize chart on bar 500 - I will not use fixed numbers of course
    }
    Thanks!

Hi pepino3131, first of all welcome to our forums here - that's unfortunately not possible as you could not control the chart setup / loading via NinjaScript. For your calculations you could start the OnBarUpdate() on a specific bar with CurrentBar - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...currentbar.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand for quick response. Maybe it would help, if I describe purpose of my question.
      I want to make an indicator which will help me with discretionary backtest. I have hundrets of mechanical patterns in time but I want to filter them so I want to skip quickly from pattern to pattern using shortcuts and don´t see right side of chart. Sure I could go throught the chart bar by bar but it would be very time consuming. With this indicator I woulud be able to notice quicky GOOD signal / WRONG signal and skip to the next one. Everything is ready (pattern recognition, bar index, key press detection) except scrolling. Thanks again.

Comment

You're welcome - unfortunately I would not a pointer on how do that from inside the code, however for quick chart scrolling you could for example try the page up / dn buttons, or holding the Ctrl key pressed while scrolling with your mouse wheel.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes