Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to re-enable Strategy after restart

Hi,

I have configured a new strategy on the strategies tab of the control center (i.e. did not configure against a chart). I restarted NT. After re-opening NT connects just fine, however when I click "Enabled" to re-enable the strategy it un-checks itself after the Order Confirmation warning. I don't see any errors in the log. I am running on a paid NT on a paper account at IB. There is an existing position open for the strategy - i.e. it has been trading successfully.

6/7/2011 11:21:01 AM
    Strategy
    Enabling NinjaScript strategy 'MyScript/5828f3bb7191473582b4cab4aa3dca2e' : On starting a real-time strategy - StrategySync=SubmitImmediately SyncAccountPosition=True EntryHandling=AllEntries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=PerEntryExecution ErrorHandling=StopStrategyCancelOrdersClosePositio ns ExitOnClose=True/ triggering 60 before close Set order quantity by=DefaultQuantity ConnectionLossHandling=KeepRunning DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntryOrdersOnDisable=False CancelExitOrdersOnDisable=False MaxRestarts=4 in 5 minutes

An update:

I have deleted the strategy. I closed out the position.I remade it. It still refuses to be enabled.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

For me to check into this can you please send me the full log file to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment

There are two attachments I need in total.

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.XXXXXXXX.txt (YYYYMMDD.txt)

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.XXXXXXXX.txt (YYYYMMDD.txt)

Comment

Brute force:

OK, next I opened a chart and added a strategy to it. It added successfully but was disabled, even though Enabled=true. The strategy appeared on the control center strategy tab, but enabling that still did nothing. I right-clicked the chart -> strategies, selected my strategy and updated the Enabled property from False to True. WHALLA! the strategy was enabled and trading.

Where did I go wrong?

Comment

Hello,

You dont have any code that may run to disable the strategy do you?

Also, I havnt seen the trace and logs from you yet would need to also see them.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I was able to reproduce the problem by manually submitting the same order information into TWS directly and was prompted with a similar error:

"The price 0.98931 does not conform to the minimum price variation of 0.00005 for this contract"

I receive the same error on both my IB paper and live accounts. The solution was to change the global configuration for forex pip size to be 1/2 a pip.

Thank you Brett. Maybe this is worth a mention on the IB connection guide?

Comment

Great to hear you got it resolved - correct for IB you would want to use a pip setting of halfPip as mentioned in step 13 of the connection guide.

Thanks,
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I missed that very small line in the long instructions. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH