Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

StopLossOrder divided into multiple order, multiple commission.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StopLossOrder divided into multiple order, multiple commission.

Hi,

Today, I find that my stopLossOrder actually got divided into three orders(90 shares, 7 shares and 3 shares, with the same stop price) sent to IB. That caused me extra commission for the trade.

I think the reason the stopLoss order become multiple orders is that the entry order was executed in three different filled. (90 shares, 7 shares, and 3 shares). So I guess what happened is that Ninja trader create individual stopLoss order for each fill.

Is that correct? If that is the case, is there a way to ask Ninja trader to combined the three fills back into in stoploss order? Other wise, in the worse case scenario, 100 shares got filled 100 times, 1 share each and cause 100 stoploss order generated, 1 share each. That is really bad. (What about 1000 share worse case scenario??).

Hong

Hello hongchen2000,

Thanks for the post. There is a setting available where you may be able to change this. It's available whenever you run the strategy. It sounds like you would prefer to set Stop and Target submission to ByStrategyPosition rather than PerEntryExecution.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 06-08-2011, 08:51 AM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I see that ByStrategyPosition option and it seems to be the answer I am looking for , and it would solve my issue.

So I am a little confused by your second paragraph, which is the same as first one (I got three partial fill for one entry order). If the byStrategyPosition option works, why advanaced handling needed?

Hong

Comment

As for the stoploss by strategy position option, can it be set pro grammatically? (or only through strategy UI?).

Comment

You can set this in Initialize(), although not supported.
          StopTargetHandling = StopTargetHandling.ByStrategyPosition;

This property will work for you if the 3 stop loss orders came about from 3 entry signals triggered (even if the same signal multiple times), and is designed to submit stop loss orders according to the overall strategy position. It will work for partial fill scenarios as well. Sorry for confusion - removed second paragraph.

What was the setting on when you first ran into this? Have you had a chance to run this with the setting ByStrategyPosition?
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 06-08-2011, 08:52 AM.
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes