Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I associate default accounts with workspaces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I associate default accounts with workspaces?

I run multiple workspaces, used for trading with 2 or more different brokers. For example, I have one workspace that I use for trading with my futures broker, and another that I use for my forex broker. When I open up each workspace every time, I find that there is no way to set the default account that shows up as selected on the DOM and all the charts which have the chart trader feature enabled on them. (So for example, my forex workspace will typically have my futures account selected as the default.)

Is there a way to set this, and if not, can this be added in a future version? It is very annoying to have to go and change the selected default account on each chart and on the DOM every single time I open up a workspace. There should be some setting in your config files that allow me to associate a default account with a particular workspace, so that I will be always looking at my forex account when I open up the forex workspace, for example.

Please pass this suggestion on if it is not already implemented. Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Correct the accounts in this manner would not save the account when multiple connections are involved.

I will submit this into development. Thank You.

Comment

When i set the chart trader properties to dotn show profit and loss when flat,it is still showing profit and loss? when flat

Comment

Hello,

I would not expect this, unless you are not actually flat.

Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

Also, please verify the setting in the chart trader properties please, this will need to be set on each window.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post maybeimnotrader