Conditional Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditional Orders

Can someone please point me to the documentation or forward a link to an example of the following:

Want to create a condition where as part of a trail or limit - action is only taken IF:

Price >= Best Ask AND
    Last Price >= Target AND
    Current time is between x & y (say 10:AM & 10:30AM EST)

Thanks

Originally posted by solasc View Post
    Can someone please point me to the documentation or forward a link to an example of the following:

Want to create a condition where as part of a trail or limit - action is only taken IF:

Price >= Best Ask AND
    Last Price >= Target AND
    Current time is between x & y (say 10:AM & 10:30AM EST)

Thanks
    In order to accomplish this you will need to create a custom strategy. You can create a custom strategy using either the Strategy Wizard or custom NinjaScript programming.

For more information on the Strategy Wizard please view our user guide section here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview41.html

For more information on the NinjaScript programming language please view our user guide section here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview17.html

Comment

Conditional Template

OK, Great! I took a look at the video and I can see how to create this conditional order.

Now- lets say that I have certain categories of orders that will use the same conditional strategy (lets say 5 - 10) categories.

Once I create the strategies for each of the categories - is there a way that I can actually enter the target values for the prices and indicators - in real-time.

Example: Category I
      Price >= Best Bid AND
      Price >= Target (want to set Target based on real time conditions)

So is there a way to apply this category I (condition strategy) to an order and change the Target based on real-time conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by solasc View Post
        OK, Great! I took a look at the video and I can see how to create this conditional order.

Now- lets say that I have certain categories of orders that will use the same conditional strategy (lets say 5 - 10) categories.

Once I create the strategies for each of the categories - is there a way that I can actually enter the target values for the prices and indicators - in real-time.

Example: Category I
        Price >= Best Bid AND
        Price >= Target (want to set Target based on real time conditions)

So is there a way to apply this category I (condition strategy) to an order and change the Target based on real-time conditions?
        Solasc,

To keep the forums consistent please post questions directly regarding the Strategy Wizard and Strategy Development in the 'Strategy Development' forum.

It is not possible to define your profit target conditions in such a manner within the strategy wizard. In order to do this I believe you will need to write custom NinjaScript coding.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2007, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH