How to Populate Chart with Specific DTN Symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Populate Chart with Specific DTN Symbol

I want to create a new chart and place data from the DTN IQFeed symbol @ES#C in the chart. This is the equalized ES contract.

When choosing a time series in the "Data Series" dialog, it forces you to use the Ninja Instrument Lookup window, which doesn't recognize the @ES#C DTN symbol.

How can I get Ninja to recognize the @ES#C data symbol so I can place this data series in a new chart?

Thanks
    mikesch

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

The only option that may work to turn this into a supported instrument is to change the DTN symbol map.

To do this: NinjaTrader 7->Control Center->Tools->Intrument Manger->Edit the ES->Misc Tab->Symbol map for IQFeed. Change it to @ES#C.

Does the data pull up when you pull up ES now?

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Brett, what I did was to add a new custom symbol in the Instrument Manager called "ES_C" and mapped that new ES_C symbol to the DTN @ES#C data symbol. This way, I won't break the existing Ninja ES symbol map to the DTN @ES continuous contract, which is the default mapping.

However, Ninja will not recognize the new custom "ES_C" symbol that I created in order to map only to the @ES#C data series.

Mapping the entire ES Ninja symbol to the @ES#C IQFeed symbol means that I am no longer access the @ES continuous data series, correct? This is not what I want

I want to be able to choose to access either the @ES data or the @ES#C data separately.

Let me know how I can do this, thanks.

Comment

I also tried the method you suggested in your earlier reply.

I changed the symbol mapping for the default Ninja ES symbol in the instrument Manager from @ES to @ES#C.

When I attempt to use the the ES 09-11 data choice in Ninja to populate a chart, Ninja refuses with "Invalid Symbol" error.

Please explain to me why Ninja will not display data from a legal symbol from a supported data feed, and how to work around this problem.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for that information.

I was afraid of that.

The pound symbol is not a supported symbol for the IQFeed connection in this case unfortunately. This means that this is an unsupported symbol for NinjaTrader in this case. I will notify my product manager of this and see if anything can be done.

Thank You.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

So that I can test this on my side can you please send your IQFeed username and password to support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post so I can test this and make sure something isn't missing.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno