X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy deleted after historical data request limitation error

Hi,

I would like to report an issue:

After downloading some historical data from IB, I hit their download limit and was prompted with the usual error: "NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes...".

I then re-started NT (for a regular backup) and after re-opening received the following prompts, also appearing in the log:

Code:
    6/10/2011 10:19:01 PM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for '$AUDUSD Default': IB Gateway: NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation
    6/10/2011 10:19:02 PM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for '$EURGBP Default': IB Gateway: NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation
    6/10/2011 10:19:04 PM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for '$NZDUSD Default': IB Gateway: NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation
    6/10/2011 10:19:10 PM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for '$USDCAD Default': IB Gateway: NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation
    These mapped with the 4 charts that I had open, each were associated with a strategy. Switching to the Control Center -> Strategies tab, the 4 strategies are missing. The strategies were no longer on the charts either.

fongler, did you have a workspace saved with the strategies active? If so, please try re-loading the workspace as well as NinjaTrader itself. If you don't have the workspace saved, you'll have to re-create the strategies.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was unsuccessful. If it happens again, I will not what I did and capture the trace and logs.

Comment

fongler, thank you and please let us know what you find out.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I ran the NT7 product continuously for 4 days running a few strategies. During a quiet period I though I would give NT a restart to ensure everything would go smoothly. NT wouldn't exit. I clicked Close and was prompted with a warning about open orders and running strategies. I was next asked to save the workspace and I clicked YES. Nothing happened. I waited a few minutes (Don't want to corrupt something) and tried again. After a few attempts I saved the workspace manually then hit close but this time clicked NO to saving the workspace. The application closed successfully but upon restart all my charts were gone. Incidentally all my previously missing strategies came back, so now I have duplicates.

Perhaps some instructions on how to reset my profile? Maybe as simple as creating a new one?

Comment

fongler,

To start new you can delete the workspace xml files as well as your database.

Workspaces are stored here:
            Documents\NinjaTrader 7\Workspaces\*.xml

Database is stored here:
            Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf

We can look at your trace files to see any exceptions that may be raised when you are closing the workspace. Send these to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com and reference this thread:

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB Gateway: NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation

I get the above message in lowading all my charts after IB does it's server reconnect.
              How come no one has addressed a solution to this?

Comment

Welcome to our forums - this would not be a bug but a known limitation of the data requesting done via the IB API - this means you are pulling too much data from IB at one time. Please remove instruments from any Market Analyzers you are using, reduce the number charts and SuperDOMs you have running, and reduce the number of tickers you have up in TWS. Then shut down NinjaTrader and TWS, wait 10 minutes for your data status to change with IB, and then retest.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses