inadvertent order entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inadvertent order entry

Today I was changing over contracts and I had the orders window open and the 6E 0611 was set as the default. I clicked on tools ans instrument manager,and proceeded to change old contracts to new. when I was looking for ES I entered it into Name to locate the contract.
    After entering ES into name I clicked my mouse and it entered an order to sell 2 6E contracts.When I figured out what happened I thought I closed out the trade at $75 loss to me. I took it on chin and went about my business,and I showed a $75 loss on my super dome.After whittling off my loss all of a sudden my broker cut me off insufficient funds.
    This could not be true with a $75 loss .Come to find that my broker did something because the contracts that were short were expired so the re-bought and sold on the front month and I had 2 contracts 6E short -$850. I had no intentions of trading 6E. The only thing I clicked was the New box in the instrument manager. I do not know if this has happened to anyone else, but it cost me. My recommendation would be to not do anything with the order window open unless you want to trade. I hope this save someone

Hello tinman,

Thank you for sharing your experience here and I'm sorry to hear about the issues.

I would also recommend putting NinjaTrader in Global Simulation Mode from the File menu to prevent any orders being placed on a live account.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks will do

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post geotrades1  
      Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM