X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleeeeease FIX data problems URGENTLY!

Hello,

Two BIG problems pending to be fixed:
    • Bug related to daily historical data on NT 7.1000.6: The workaround of using the Default 24/7 is ok if the chart in question only uses daily or above data. The problem is that I use the same chart to switch from Daily to 240 Min back and forth, and changing the session template would impact how bars are built on the 240 Min chart. ETA for next release??
    • NinjaTrader apparently not using IQFeed time stamps to build bars on real-time delayed data: Why, why, why? This is driving me crazy. The problem has been reported several times (see http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ghlight=iqfeed, which also links to a post going back more than 2 years...) Also, NT has blamed IQFeed for this, when the problem is on the design of the application, not the data! Workaround of changing the PC clock is not good enough, as I have instruments coming in real time and others coming in 10 min delayed.
    Please update,

Stopped

Hello Stopped,

1. The bug will be fixed for the next release - NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7. Unfortunately, there is no ETA when this version will be released.

I suggest to make use of two seperate charts for now. One daily and one 240 minute chart.

2. I will send an email to development including a suggestion to change the design of time based bars, so they can change their timestamp to receive delayed data at the timestamps you expect in a chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Regarding issue #2 on the earlier post, I have more information. Please take a look at the screenshot attached:
      • I have a IQFeed connection with a 10 Min delay on CME data
      • At 11:19am local time I loaded a 1-Min chart on the ES ##-##
      • Problem #1: To my surprise, the chart loads up to the current time, when I was expecting a 10 min delay. This is likely to be an IQFeed problem.
      • Problem #2: Because my data should be delayed, the chart gets stucked at the 11:19am bar for the next 10 minutes. This bar is actually wrong as it shows the cumulative impact of incoming, delayed ticks. This appears to be a NT problem.
      • At 11:29am, a new 11:20am bar starts. This is expected behaviour.
      • At that point, however, the 11:19am bar continues to be wrong. I decide to do a Data Reload to correct it. This solves the old problem but creates a new problem in the incoming 1-Min bar.
      Are you aware of these problems (they have been reported for years)?

Thanks,

Stopped
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Stopped; 06-14-2011, 05:41 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello Stopped,

Yes, I have sent an email to development to have delayed data display in charts as expected.

Comment

Your suggestion is included in our tracking system for future enhancements. It is assigned to ID# 1048. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Hello Customer Support,

Any ETA for version 7.7? See post #1 of this thread.

Because of the problem there reported, I have not been able to load a number of important markets (ranging from the DX to the FESX to the FGBL) for nearly two months. You used to publish a new release every month or so (sometimes every couple of weeks), but this one is taking so long. It is a little bit frustrating considering that we are talking of a major problem in the application which has only been related to version 6, not the older ones.

It would have been nice if you had dealt with this problem immediately and leave other minor issues for future releases.

Thank you,

Stopped

Comment

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA when version 7.0.1000.7 will be released.

Please note that the issue only occurs in version 7.0.1000.6 and not in version 7.0.1000.5 which is still available from our download page.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am aware that the problem is only affecting version 6, but I was advised not to go back to version 5 because by doing so I would lose all my NinjaScript files, templates, saved charts and other customised settings. I'd love to go back to version 5 if you could confirm I would not lose those things. I hate version 6.

Regards,

Stopped

Comment

You should not lose your settings when installing version 7.0.1000.5.

I suggest to create a backup file first, so you can always restore your settings.

If you uninstall NinjaTrader via Control Panel-->Programs and Features, it will not affect the (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder which contains all your settings and data.

Please uninstall NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.6 via Control Panel-->Programs and Features. Subsequently, download and install version 7.0.1000.5 from the link below.

Start NinjaTrader and you should have all settings and data.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I followed your advice and the roll back onto version 5 worked perfectly. Now I am able to load up any charts and get the correct data.

Unfortunately, I was given the wrong advice two months ago as I was categorically told that I should not revert to v5 or else I would lose all my custom settings.

Please let everyone of your colleagues know that it is possible to revert back to v5 without any problems. It would save other users lots of pain and frustration.

Thanks again,

Stopped

Comment

Good to hear all works after installing version 1000.5.

Do you perhaps have a ticket number from the correspondance of two months ago?

Comment

Yes, could it be ticket number 495108?

It was an "E-mail to Support" type of query titled "Data problems in new NT version".

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, that is the ticket number. Thank you.

I will inform the appropriate person that a complete uninstall was not required.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jclose
                          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                          10 responses