Collapse

What data am I getting from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a test please close NinjaTrader and set your Local PC clock to the Eastern Time Zone. Next Restart NinjaTrader and with the session template set to Default 24/7 let me know if you see data prior to 5 AM on Mondays.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Please take a look at the data for $EURUSD that I obtained from your servers (Attached). If you take a look at the times the data is collected on a weekly basis, the end time is correct but the start time is 7 hours short...If I were to change my time to your suggestion, and if it were to start at 5am, it is unlikely to end at 5am on the saturday as you can see from the data which indicates that it does.

FYI, this is the session template that I am using. (Attached)

BTW, what do you mean by Eastern Time Zone?

Regards

Kay Wai
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kaywai; 06-20-2011, 07:36 PM. Reason: adding more information

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Did you miss my response?

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

I am referring to changing your PC clock to EST as apposed to your local time as referenced in the attached screen shot. Keep in mind you must have NinjaTrader closed when the time zone is changed.

Next as a test download new data and when opening a new chart set the Session Template to "Default 24/7" and replay the new days you have downloaded.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Christopher,

This will involve backing up my data and shifting out of the db folder etc. I'll pass.

Your market replay servers is missing 7 hours of data every monday. I don't know for how many instruments but for currency for sure. If you are not interested in looking into it, that's fine with me.

I just thought playing with "live" data might be fun. Whoever your source provider is needs to check their data....I have confirmed from multiple sources that your data is missing.

Have a nice day!

Kay Wai

Comment

When testing on my end I see data starting at 3:00 PM MST or 5:00 PM EST on Sunday June 19th. I have compared this to historical data as seen in the attached screen shots and see the same gap from the 17th to the 19th. I have include screen shots with Market Reply on the right chart and Historical data on the left in each shot. These charts have the Default 24/7 Session Template applied.

With the process I described for testing will not require you to remove your database, settings, etc.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Christopher

The problem stems from the fact that you have data available for download on a sunday.

regards

kay wai

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM