No data coming in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No data coming in

Forgive me if this has already been addressed here; I couldn't find an answer searching the forum.

In the Market Analyzer, I have added the S&P as an instrument list and connected to a data source, but no data ever comes in. I have tried Google, Yahoo, and Kinetick; none pull in data. After connecting to Yahoo, the LastPrice column populated, but only for one stock - the rest were all blank.

How do I tell NT to refresh data?

Thanks for the help!

Hello pharchoma,

Thank you for your post.

You will need a real-time feed in order to work with the Market Analyzer.

The Yahoo feed will give you a delay of about 15-minutes for some symbols and it may work, but there needs to be recent ticks for these to display in the MA.

With a real-time feed, you should not have any issues with this feature.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Perhaps I am going about accomplishing my goal all wrong. Ultimately, I want to run queries on EOD data that will alert to various conditions such as MACD crossovers, EMA crossovers, etc. Since I'm only concerned with EOD data, the real-time ticks aren't that important to me.

Is there a method (other than using the Market Analyzer) that I can use to accomplish this type of outcome?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hello,

You can use an automated strategy from your Daily chart that checks for these conditions:

Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard and Strategy Analyzer as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:

Comment

If I understand correctly, it doesn't seem that this would be a practical approach if I want to have the software automatically scan through hundreds of equities (ie. the entire S&P500) and alert to such conditions (MACD crossovers, EMA crossovers, etc.). Is this correct? If so, is there another method for achieving something like this?

As for alerting, can the software email, write information to a file or database, or something similar?

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

pharchoma,

You are correct that it would be more efficient in the Market Analyzer - for that I would suggest you subscribe to a real-time provider. Otherwise if you must use EOD data for economic reasons or other, it would require custom strategy development to accomplish.

Yes, you can create email alerts as well print alerts to a file on your PC.

Comment

Great.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred