Market replay loses prrevious replayed day on fast forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay loses prrevious replayed day on fast forward

Anyone notice that if you use the slider bar to skip a day in the market replay that it redraws the charts and does not show the previous days data in the data set? If I replay each day without skipping a day, then no issue. If I replay a week of data and try to skip the weekend the charts start clean without the previous week data. NT 6.5 did not have this issue. Maybe it only happens with volume based tick charts. Not sure about time based charts.

Need to have a couple days of data loaded in the replay for some indicators, that's why this is a problem.

Also would have been good if the download of replay data would remember the contract and day I last selected. It's a pain if you want to download more than a week worth of data.
    Last edited by jajuanm2; 06-14-2011, 08:43 PM.

Hello jajuanm2,

Thank you for your post.

Do you have data from a real-time connection in your database? Or are you just running of replay data?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have both

Comment

jajuanm2,

I am not seeing the same behavior on my end.

When I skip ahead a day in replay, I can see the data from the previous days.

Please keep in mind that if you do skip a day, it'll only load the replay data for that day. Any historical data you would be seeing should be data in your historical database from your real-time connection.

However, if you were to play through the week without skipping ahead, the historical data would be the replay data.

Please open a chart for that time period you are replaying to ensure you have data from your historical database loaded.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

market replay skips a day

I have been consistently experiencing this issue for weeks. I have downloaded historical AND replay data so do not know why I have this issue. Has a reason and solution for this behavior ever been identified? Thank you.

Comment

Are you using a live license key (the one you paid for), or another key -- aka - "demo" ?

Just to be clear - Fast Forwarding or Rewinding erases and resets all results - and that is not what we are talking about here... correct?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              Are you using a live license key (the one you paid for), or another key -- aka - "demo" ?

Just to be clear - Fast Forwarding or Rewinding erases and resets all results - and that is not what we are talking about here... correct?
              Hi,
              Thank you for the reply.
              My key is a demo key, not a live key.
              Correct, I am NOT talking about results. I am talking about having my Replay start "From" some date. It starts on the date as requested, but the entrie prior day's data goes missing; the chart gaps from prior day (i.e. 2 days before "From" date) to the "From" starting date. No matter what date I choose to start "From", the prior day's data is always missing upon starting up the Replay.
              Thanks for the continued assistance.
              biegea

Comment

Originally posted by biegea View Post
                Hi,
                Thank you for the reply.
                My key is a demo key, not a live key.
                Correct, I am NOT talking about results. I am talking about having my Replay start "From" some date. It starts on the date as requested, but the entrie prior day's data goes missing; the chart gaps from prior day (i.e. 2 days before "From" date) to the "From" starting date. No matter what date I choose to start "From", the prior day's data is always missing upon starting up the Replay.
                Thanks for the continued assistance.
                biegea
                Are you using any indicators? Does a chart with NO indicators exhibit the same issue?

(fyi, i'm not NT help... ).. but I have seen some issues with demo keys and non-downloaded/recorded datas, and some indicators that don't display any chart data until a day or 2...

============

What is your days to load set at?

I remember something about the demo key issue related... I don't have it bookmarked..but it might be related.

Comment

Issue occurs on charts with AND without indicators.
                  Days to load can be set anywhere between 3 and 10 or more and the issue persists.
                  It sounds like the issues you have seen/heard may be the issues I am experiencing. It would be good if the issue was acknowledged by Ninja and any available workarounds shared.
                  Thanks again for the continued dialog.

Comment

Hello biegea,

What session template is used in your chart? Do you notice a difference if you select the 'Default 24/7' session template?

Historical data before the From date is not loaded as Market Replay data, but historical data you have present in NinjaTrader (loaded from your data feed or broker). Do you see historical data for the missing day at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                      Hello biegea,

What session template is used in your chart? Do you notice a difference if you select the 'Default 24/7' session template?

Historical data before the From date is not loaded as Market Replay data, but historical data you have present in NinjaTrader (loaded from your data feed or broker). Do you see historical data for the missing day at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab.
                      Jason,
                      Thank you for the reply. Apologies for the delay in my response.
                      I am using Market Replay on CL, and as such was using the Nymex Metals / Energy ETH session template, and it was (and is still) giving me the issues I described. Your suggestion to switch to the Default 24/7 did, indeed, do the trick and get it working properly. Unfortunately, I have indicators looking to the session start time which is now incorrect. Is there a way to get Replay working properly on my preferred session template, and not just the Default 24/7?
                      Thank you,
                      biegea

P.S. In answer to your other question, yes, the Historical data is present and appears in the Historical Data Manager.

Comment

Hello biegea,

Thank you for your response.

Please send us your log and trace files so that we may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please reference this thread in the subject line: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=41823

Comment

Thank you to NinjaTrader support for resolving this issue. It appears to have been based on a corrupt historical data cache. Deleteing the "cache" folder at C:\Users\<username>\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\cache seems to have resolved the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post cls71