CQG Datafeed Not Supplying Live Data - Only Historical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG Datafeed Not Supplying Live Data - Only Historical

One of my systems has been using a demo datafeed from Zenfire, and earlier in the week I found out it's 30-day demo had expired.

When I called AMP Futures to get a new key, I found out that Zenfire's policy had changed and they would no longer give us a demo key except for one month every 90-days.

AMP suggested trying the CQG datafeed which they said I could sign up for on their web site and receive a key by email. I did all this and it worked fine...

...except I wasn't getting any live data. It only seemed to work for historical data.

So, the Tims & Sales wouldn’t display anything nor the SuperDOM (neither level-1 not level-2), and the charts would only update when NinjaTrader was first started or if I went into the DataSeries screen and selected a new time-range and clicked Apply.

I found some errors in the ControlCenter "Log" tab about problems mapping several symbols...

6/16/2011 2:09:09 PM Default CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: TFU1 is not enabled for realtime quotes and trading.

... so I went to the "Data" tab of the "Options" screen and clicked "Reset Instruments" and restarted NinjaTrader.

This made these errors go away and my charts now update as does time & sales & SuperDOM.

Problem solved, and that's what to do if anyone else runs into this.

Same Issue 5 years later

Just faced the same issue 5 years after this post.

Just wanted to give my thanks as well as hopefully make this post more visible for those facing the same issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post kujista
    by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes