DOM and strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM and strategies

I've entered an order with a take profit (and a stoploss) from a strategy in managed mode. All is fine at this point. My question is about the intended behavior of NT in response to manually changing via SuperDOM that strategy generated order. I'm running my code on the sim account and I'm not using an ATM order from within the strategy.

If I change the limit price of the take profit order via the SuperDom or the Orders screen in the main panel, it changes and then changes back to the original value. It could be that my code is changing it back but I don't think so?

So the question is, does NT do this and is that the intended behavior?
    Thanks Rich

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Yes this is expected. The code rons on every OnBarUpdate and if it doesnt see th order there it will switch it back to that price called in the code. This will happen instantlt with COBC = false and with COBC= true will happen each time the bar closes.

If you would like to move the orders manually then you would need to use an ATM Strategy in your strategy is one option you have.

There is a sample on how to do this in Control Center->Tools->Strategies->SampleATMStrategy.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post quantismo