removing custom indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing custom indicators

I attempted to remove a group of custom indicators (all by same vendor) by going to Documents:Ninjatrader7:bin:custom:indicators and cutting the group and pasting them to a folder on my desktop. I did this with Nin7 (ver 7.0006) closed. I then opened Nin7 (64bit) and opened a new chart and selected indicators and these custom indicators are still present in the indicator window and will still load on the new chart. So, I then went to tools : remove ninjascript assembly and it gave me the error message that: some indicators have an error and need to be corrected before any thing can be done. By the way, when I went to tools, I expected to see an EDIT Ninjascript but there is none under utilities. so, I couldn't find a way to compile the indicators to see where the error was. I don't know what to try now. can you help ? thanks

Hello smbkmb,

Thank you for your post.

Please do not attempt to modify or delete indicator source files directly from the folder itself. There are more references in NinjaTrader to these indicators which can lead to serious issues which you are reporting.

Vendor indicators should be removed from File--> Utilities--> Remove NinjaScript Assembly

Custom indicators should be removed from Tools--> Edit NinjaScript. However, if you do not see this option, it is likely that you are using a direct edition license key which has this feature disables.

Can you clarify why you were removing these vendor indicators? If you put the source files back into the bin\custom\indicators folder, do you experience issues? Can you then remove them from File--> Utilities--> Remove NinjaScript Assembly?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

ok, I copied the files back into bin\custom\indicators folder. These are GOM files, by the way. I was following their instructions as to how to update to ver 2.3 from 1.3b. So I took them out of the indicators folder and then tried to import the upgrade 2.3 and I got a message about " Import failed:The Ninjascript Archive file may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or the import archive". can you give me any ideas. If I want to delete the GOM files and Ninja7.0006 should I follow any specific order or instructions. thanks for your help

Comment

also I forgot to mention when I use Remove Ninjascript Assembly only one thing comes up Final:TPO Chart and I don't even know what that is. thanks

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble - I think the best approach at this point is to backup all of your settings without your indicators and reinstall NinjaTrader. From there you can re-import the indicators you wish to use.

Please try the following steps to reinstall NinjaTrader without your 3rd party add-ons. Note that you will lose all custom and third party NinjaScript files.

1) Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?creating_a_backup_archive.htm

2) Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista/7).

3) Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder.

4) Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader at the link below.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

5) Restore your settings and test again for further issues.

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Spiderbird  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes