Restoring a backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring a backup

the drawings on some of my saved workspaces are gone. I have them backed up but i am afraid that if i restore my backup i will lose any new drawings and workspaces i have saved since then. Can you tell me if this will happen if i restore a backup?

thanks

Hello maggiej12,

Thank you for your post.

If the backed up workspace has the same name as your current workspace, the backup will over write this file.

You can work around this by opening your current workspace and then going to File--> Workspace--> Save as and then giving your current workspace another name.

Then you can restore the backup and access your old workspace with your drawing objects.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I want to restore a backup file and overwrite what I did today.

After I restore I go back and the Strategy is still from today. (new code that didnt work)

But after the restore it said all the NT script files were restored.

Why is this happening?

Thx

Comment

Hello ij001,

This has to do with your local backup file. If NinjaTrader does not actually restore the backup, there are always messages about this. Only suspicion here is that the file you backed up does not contain the version of the strategy you feel it should have. If you need to, can change the file extension on this backup from .ntbk to .zip and browse the contents of this backup file.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          Hello ij001,

This has to do with your local backup file. If NinjaTrader does not actually restore the backup, there are always messages about this. Only suspicion here is that the file you backed up does not contain the version of the strategy you feel it should have. If you need to, can change the file extension on this backup from .ntbk to .zip and browse the contents of this backup file.
          Hi Ryan

I changed it to .zip and looked at that strategy filein wordpad. It is indeed different then when I open it in NT. So looks its still using the local file.

So is it okay practice to delete the strategy file and then restore... giving it no choice but to use the backed up file?

Thx

Comment

Thanks for looking into this. It should replace the file during a restore, so this is something we would want to check out to make sure everything is working with the backup / restore feature. Can you please send an email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com attn RyanM. I can help you get the strategy from the backup installed on the system, but will also want to make sure this feature is working as expected.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
              Thanks for looking into this. It should replace the file during a restore, so this is something we would want to check out to make sure everything is working with the backup / restore feature. Can you please send an email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com attn RyanM. I can help you get the strategy from the backup installed on the system, but will also want to make sure this feature is working as expected.
              Sent.

Thx
              IJ

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Sam2515
              by Sam2515