Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have issues when commencing market replay

Hi,

Whenever I select an instrument for market replay and hit the "play" button, I can see the time moving forward but the display on the chart is static. Even when I increase it to 500x! It only works after I move the slider forward. That too I have occasionally gotten mixed results. Sometimes it works fine but other times, I get the same bar for the entire period it is running, irrespective of the timeframe I am using.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this normal behaviour?

Regards

Kay Wai

Hi Kay, are you seeing this on NT7 R6? What session templates are you using on the charts giving you the issues here? If you right click in the replay control > are you sure the day you're trying to replay is correctly present and available for the symbols of interest?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Market Replay

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Kay, are you seeing this on NT7 R6? What session templates are you using on the charts giving you the issues here? If you right click in the replay control > are you sure the day you're trying to replay is correctly present and available for the symbols of interest?

Thanks,
      Hi Kay & Bertrand
      Count me in on this, what is a session template I'm using 1x60min chart & 1 x daily +DOM
      Maybe a video clip will better demonstrate this, answer all the variables and avoid forum tennis!
      Bertrand can we do that, if so how do we make video URL's to post??

I get the same result, data flows but charts & DOM stop updating after a while, also leaves gaps in between bars, if you crank the speed up using the slide bar also causes stalling!
      down loaded the latest version NT7 running W7 Sp2 4gbram etc
      I found you don't get much clarity on what your downloading, ie no explanation of what data 1 & data 2 do when downloading a file or how to use it!!
      I downloaded the ES 9-11 from 7-April-11 to date & it played a previous DLoad dated
      1-April-11 to 2-April-11 how do you choose what file it is going to run or is it a case of delete all else,
      and then there are times when i go see what files are available when it stalls & it isn't there yet it is in the db folder, have tried the repair instument etc still not reliable or stable

I was excited when i downloaded NT7
      maybe a simpler reliable & stable product will be a better use of our time!!

Bertrand does it work & is it stable????

Ang

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I've have tried $EURUSD on both NT7 R4 and R6...both with the same results. The selection date is chosen from the list that market replay displays as being available. Once I slide it a few days forward, it starts "moving".

Comment

Ang,

This is Cameron responding on behalf of Bertrand.

I would like to schedule a call with you to review the Market Replay function of NinjaTrader.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [dot] com.

Put ATTN: Cameron in the subject and include your phone number in the body.

Then I will reply with instructions on how download our remote software.

I look forward to speaking with you.
          CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kaywai,

Can you confirm that you are using the Default 24/7 session template while in Market Replay Mode?
            • Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
            • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.
            CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cameron,

Would you mind explaining what the session template have to do with the market replay function?

1) The time displayed on the market replay window is moving forward but the chart isn't.
              2) To get the chart to "move" or update, I have to shift the slider a little bit to the right, kind of like a nudge to get it jump-started.

WRT the second query, I have created a customised template where the start session is Monday 5am and the end session is Saturday 5am. Please see attached.

I've also noticed that when I start with data that is not a Monday, my bars go haywire. I can't get hourly bars. All the data goes on to 1 bar till the data ends.

Regards

Kay Wai
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kaywai; 06-20-2011, 07:38 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

kaywai,

The Default 24/7 will remove any filters to ensure that you are not starting the replay data at a time the charts are not setup to view - however I do not believe that is the case.

Please navigate to (My) Documetns\NinjaTrader 7\db and locate the Data folder. Right click on this folder and select "Properties".

What is the size of this folder reported to be? If it is very large (> ~500 MB), please try removing some of the replay files to reduce the size of your database and test again.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

I have about 12 instruments for each day at the moment. The size of the data folder is 691Mb. The $EURUSD should have the make up about 50% of that data.

Is the folder size the issue or is the amount of data per instrument the issue?

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Originally posted by kaywai View Post
                    Hi Matthew,

I have about 12 instruments for each day at the moment. The size of the data folder is 691Mb. The $EURUSD should have the make up about 50% of that data.

Is the folder size the issue or is the amount of data per instrument the issue?

Regards

Kay Wai
                    Market Replay can be tricky. Many times it looks like it should run and it does not, but that is just because of the way that it is set up.

Always, always, right click on the Market Replay Control Window, and make sure that your start time and date are the ones that you want. Many times when I used to have a problem, I found that my start time was not set to what I thought that it was.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello kaywai,

I have seen cases where the size of the market replay directory can negatively impact the performance of replay. However, there does not seem to be any correlation to any particular size and ultimately depends on the resources of your PC. The amount of data for a single instrument shouldn't cause issues, it is likely the overall folder size vs your pc resources.

I would suggest trimming the current replay data by either deleting, or moving this data to a temporary directory to be saved for later.
                      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Cameron

I'll send off the email now i didn't get a message re this reply till now
                        chat soon
                        ang

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post love2code2trade  
                        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                        0 responses