upgrading to NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrading to NT7

OK, I have waited as much as I could. Time to upgrade from 6.5.
    Now, before I create a complete mess, can someone walk me through the process?
    I have a windows 7 on one machine and an XP pro on another.
    Because of one of my software providers I understand I need to use the 32 bit version.
    I would like to transfer as much as I can from 6.5, but I have error messages when I log off NT and I am not sure my data is somehow corrupted and may be better to start afresh.

Also, once I have install NT7, will I still be able to use NT6.5 (just in case) on the same machines? Or is it better that I uninstall all of the NT6.5?
    Help, please

Hello gretrader,

Can you please tell me what error messages you experience in NinjaTrader 6.5 when you log off.

If you leave NinjaTrader 6.5 installed, you install NinjaTrader 7 and you run NinjaTrader 7 for the first time, you will see the migration window pop up. It will allow you to migrate settings from NinjaTrader 6.5 to NinjaTrader 7.

However, not all settings will be migrated. Please see the migration guide at the link below for more information.

You can download and install NinjaTrader 7 from the link below.

Your license key can be found at Control Center-->Help-->About.

Both NinjaTrader 6.5 and 7 can be installed on the same machine, however you can only run one at a time.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply.
      The message appears a few seconds after I log off and says soemthing about Ninja has encountered a problem and need to shut down.
      It then quickly disappears and it does not seem to have any effect...
      Do you think it that the benefit of a fresh start would offset the disadvantages of not migrating (i it makes any sesne)?

Comment

Hello gretrader,

I suggest to install NinjaTrader 7 while NinjaTrader 6.5 is still installed and transfer settings. Please let me know if the error recurs in NinjaTrader 7.

That way, you do not have to rebuild your settings and you can always decide later to start fresh as well.

Comment

Thanks.
          I did it on a win7 machine and it all looks ok. So far so good.
          Now I have to re-subscribe to some software vendors and then re-build years of indicators, set ups, parameters, workspaces, etc. etc.
          I will do it this week-end or on monday, I hope I do not have to bother you again...
          Have a nice week-end
          Cheers

Comment

Good to hear it installed successful and that everything looks good so far.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Have a nice weekend as well.

Comment

Hi
              I have noticed that I am still able to run NT6.5 on my machine (win7). That means that I have not installed the SP1, right? But I see no further updates available on my windows update page. Any clue?
              Thanks

PS: I should add that some months ago I did some steps to install the SP1 blocker (as described in a NT thread) but I did not go through, preferring not yo install any update at all until today. I am not sure this helps

Comment

Correct, if Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 is installed, you cannot run NinjaTrader 6.5 anymore. Please go to Windows Control Panel-->System and it will display if you have SP 1 installed or not.

I am not sure why it is not listed at the Windows update page. You can find instructions to download and install SP 1 at the link below.
                Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Includes info about how to get the download, requirements, and more.

Comment

I think I have now sorted it out....up to this point!
                  Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes