Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS-B in zenfire connection setup

Hi

I just noticed while settings up a zenfire connection, next to to the legacy api check box there is a DS-B check box. Could you tell me what that is?

Thanks,
    Tim

Originally posted by nailz420 View Post
    Hi

I just noticed while settings up a zenfire connection, next to to the legacy api check box there is a DS-B check box. Could you tell me what that is?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Hi Tim,

This is an alternate server that provides filtered market data. Its there in the event that a users PC could not keep up with unfiltered.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I have two additional questions.

- has this setting an impact if I download replay data?

- sometimes I have an time delay (a few seconds) (occurs in 6E and NQ). I use the option DS-B since four days. Since then everything is fine, but I'm not sure if this was the problem.
      Internet connection (32 MBit/s) and PC shout able to handle unfiltered data

Thanks,
      Olaf

Comment

Originally posted by OReisen View Post
        Hi, I have two additional questions.

- has this setting an impact if I download replay data?
        [Brett] - This will have no affect on this.

- sometimes I have an time delay (a few seconds) (occurs in 6E and NQ). I use the option DS-B since four days. Since then everything is fine, but I'm not sure if this was the problem.
        Internet connection (32 MBit/s) and PC shout able to handle unfiltered data
        [Brett] - This would be the case. You can try switching it back however. I know that last week with the historic volatility there were quite a few PC's not able to keep up with the tick data. Now that the volatility has died down a bit you can probably turn this back off if you never had problem before. If you start running into issue again though you could enable this again.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,
        Olaf[/Quote]

Comment

Hi

I used the DS-B option conscious that only missed ticks are don't delivered afterwards, so that NinjaTrader don't have to weave they in.

I just read in the Release Notes "would route the connection to use aggregated ZenFire servers" does that mean that the ticks are compressed, or what is the difference?

I traded in the tickchart for a few ticks and I don't recognised any disadvantages with the DS-B option.

Thanks,
          Olaf

Comment

Right, all ticks will get to you. Instead of being sent individually for each tick it would be aggregated and set together as a lump.

All tick data will still make it you however.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Do all ZenFire brokers give users the ability to switch between "Legacy API" and "DS-B"? For example, if my broker is AMP with ZenFire (not CQG), can I still choose "Legacy API"? Are my choices the same if my broker is Mirus instead?

Comment

Legacy API is no longer supported therefor not advised to ever use it.

The DS-B works with any Zenfire based brokerage.

-Brett

Comment

So, does this mean that all DS-B routed data is filtered (aggregated) now? Can we assume that ZenFire no longer provides unfiltered tick-by-tick data that is suitable for cumulative delta calculations, etc.?

Comment

Hello,

Absolutely not, Zenfire feed is great for this and you has the choice between Aggregated and Non-Aggregated/unfiltered. The default is unfiltered, you would only switch to DS-B(Aggregated) if your PC was running into issue keeping up with the tick data flow processing.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 02:09 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes