Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What if I get my account split into two sub-accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if I get my account split into two sub-accounts?

In demo-mode everything is clear... 2 accounts are working independently... or do they? What if i go real? Need to have 2 sub-accounts... will they be completly independent? What about the margin? For both sub-accounts i need to have 2 amounts of money to work with? What if I run out of margin during session on one of them? Is there any option to transfer funds automatically?

Hi greed999,

These questions are best directed to your broker who will be handling the accounts.

NinjaTrader uses your login information to provide you access to your accounts. Most broker technologies only allow one connection running at a time within Windows. An additional question to ask them about multiple accounts is if they can associate these multiple accounts with a single login.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 06-24-2011, 10:46 AM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well... I see...
      Yet another small question if I may... Lets imagine two scripts running simultaniously... If same account is set during the setup for both of them, short and long positions are not allowed at the same time... Am I right?

Comment

Strategies run independently from each other and the account. Each strategy may see separately a long position and a short position, but then the likely net outcome for this on the same account is that you're flat.

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by greed999 View Post
          In demo-mode everything is clear... 2 accounts are working independently... or do they? What if i go real? Need to have 2 sub-accounts... will they be completly independent? What about the margin? For both sub-accounts i need to have 2 amounts of money to work with? What if I run out of margin during session on one of them? Is there any option to transfer funds automatically?
          Hello please, do you get any solution for transferring funds between accounts?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rocketman7  
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH