Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back testing "freezing" problems

Hi,

My back testing keeps freezing up. It was working fine two days ago. I am using the 7010005 version. I uploaded my own ticker list, but it freezes even with the preset lists (DOW 30, NASDAQ 100, etc.). This only happens when I use Yahoo's data. I also use MB Trading data, and doing this gives me a different problem; it tells me I have a "client side error" and gives me continuous pop-ups. I had this happen twice and had to close the program each time.
    Thanks.

Quantum, what kind of backtests are you running? Daily data for the ticker lists? How long of a backtest?
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Austin,

I'm only running daily data tests both on yahoo and MB Trading, and the backtest has about ten conditions. What happens (with yahoo) is that a few tickers flow through, then it hangs on one symbol for a while (the last test gave me a 40 minute wait period).

I had the same backtest work with about 600 tickers two days ago (it took ten minutes but there were no hangups). Then, I aborted a test once, and ever since I did that, the backtests have not performed the same.

I also reinstalled the entire Ninjatrader platform once, while keeping the strategies (I copied and pasted the old strategies into the documents/ninja 7/bin/custom/strategy folder so I didn't have to re enter the old strategies). The same hangups happened, so I am wondering if it's either the data feed or a problem with the strategies). Thanks.

Comment

Quantum, are there any errors in the log tab of the Control Center as this occurs? If you could send us your trace / logs via Help > Mail to Support for review what help as well greatly.

Thanks,
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand,

I emailed the logs to your support center this morning. I didn't see any error logs while backtesting with yahoo, but there were quite a few when I was backtesting with the MB trading feed. Thank you.

Comment

Ok, thanks - can you please let me know the ticket # you got assigned then?

Comment

I think this is the ticket # -

RE: Support request (@SIM-F82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952/7.0.1000.5/Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1) {507239}

Thanks

Comment

Thanks I got them and replied to you directly.

Comment

Thank you Bertrand. I only had 30 tickers on the test, so I guess MB trading isn't a good feed to use. Do you know if yahoo slows down backtests if too many tickers are requested from a specific IP address? Yahoo worked fine for me the first day or two of testing, then it slowed down radically and never has been then same since. Thanks.

Comment

I would not be aware of such a limitation with Yahoo - would it improve for you if the # of tickers is reduced as well? We normally recommend using using the highly optimizing and performing Kinetick feed for driving NT7 - www.kinetick.com

You can use this feed free for end of day use as well on your platform - just connect to the Kinetick End Of Day connection which is setup by us per default.

Comment

Thank you, Kinetick seems to be working fine for me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post yertle
                      by yertle

Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                      15 responses
                      0 likes