• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How sensitive in NinjaTrader/Zenfire/Connection Lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How sensitive in NinjaTrader/Zenfire/Connection Lost?

I'm uploading through my cable connection, on another computer (desktop) at ~5KB/s ...and working on my laptop (which is also uploading files), and running NinjaT on my laptop.. with wired connection..

and it's dropped connection 3 times tonight.. make that 4!!! lost again!!!

AFFFF.. that last one was total internet failure.. now back....

I think this qualifies as 'sensitive'

Hello sledge,

Thank you for your post.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.
    Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server.
      Hi Matthew,
      This is not completely true! I had a similar problem on NT7.06 with Zen-Fire. I lost connection and NT did not reconnected. The solution was to disconnect ZF and connect again. So after several hours that NT didn't reconnected, I manually disconnected and connected again. This procedure took me no more that 5 seconds. Do you want to say that the connection came back in those 5 seconds or there is a problem with a
      radio receiver
      ???

Comment

Hello Baruch,

Please note that if NinjaTrader loses connection, it will try to automatically re-connect for about two minutes. If no re-connection can be established, it will stop trying and you will need to manually re-connect.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please note that if NinjaTrader loses connection, it will try to automatically re-connect for about two minutes
          Why 2 minutes? Can I make it 2 hours?

Comment

This is by design. Unfortunately, this cannot be changed.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Uninstall the Windows update KB2541763 to solve the connection problem.

Comment

Lost of Connection

Originally posted by locoman View Post
                Uninstall the Windows update KB2541763 to solve the connection problem.
                I start to have Lost of Connection problems since last Friday 12 August
                I checked under Windows update, and this KB2541763 is not on the list

What do you recommend to do?

Comment

Hello marcelo,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOtT] com.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file so that we can look in to the issue.

Trace files will be found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                  The file will be named 'trace.20110817.txt'.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by terminatorT1000, Today, 06:40 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post terminatorT1000  
                  Started by Giudiver, Today, 04:29 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes