Constant diconnects and popup message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant diconnects and popup message

I keep having disconnects on Ninja Trader 7, with a subsequent popup message telling me to "upgrade" to the paid version of NinjaTrader.
    My other trading programs do not disconnect, and I have other accounts on Zenfire on another computer which are not disconnected using another platform.
    So it is not anything to do with me or ZenFire.
    I find this to be unprofessional marketing spam like behavior.
    Please stop this behavior or I will be forced to stop using NT completely as this is not professional conduct in trading.
    And also on this "support" forum, please stop the needs to connect to yahooapis.com just to post.
    Because if you don't allow scripts from the third party, yahooapis.com, then your post says it has to little characters to make a post.
    Thank you.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not sure what your issue is with the disconnects, but we are more than happy to assist you with this. Can you please send an email from within the software under Help--> Mail to support and refer to this post. Have Logs and trace checked. Once received we will investigate.

I'm not exactly sure what pop-up message you are talking about, but it might be related to the following advisories:

If I'm correct there should be an option to not have it pop again.

I don't know what you mean with 'yahooapis.com'. Can you please clarify?
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
      Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not sure what your issue is with the disconnects,
      I am, want me to prove it in court?
      Ive got enough evidence.
      Stop doing it.

Comment

Hello Mike_32:

You are currently using a free live trading license called a NinjaTrader Direct Edition license. About once per month we hold a Direct Edition to Standard Edition upgrade webinar which highlights the features and benefits of using a Standard Edition license. The pop-up you are seeing states that this webinar is taking place and then there is an option that allows you to specify you do not want this message to appear again. If you click that you do not want the message to appear again, it will stop appearing. This pop-up should not cause any loss of connectivity. If you are losing connectivity it would be best if you sent a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and included your logs and traces so we can check in the traces why the disconnect is occurring.

Specific to your comment on yahooapis.com, our forum is driven by VBulletin which is a third party forum software package. VBulletin utilizes yahoo's yui javascript library via its CDN (content delivery network) versus storing the javascript library locally. Utilizing the library via a CDN results in faster load times, as we aren't linking to the physical file directly from our server, and is a common practice in web applications such as this. You likely have a security setting in your browser set to a condition that does not allow third party script access. We at NinjaTrader understand the need for web security, and can assure you that there is nothing malicious being loaded from Yahoo's CDN. Without this functionality the forum software cannot function correctly, and if we store and load the library locally there would be a noticeable degradation in performance. If you set your browsers security settings to allow third party script access (you should be able to do this only for this site) the issue should be resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Barry Milan  
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielSanMartin