Chart plot area width changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart plot area width changing

I have a custom indicator that draws graphics on a chart. In order to align the graphics properly, I have to set the width of the chart window, and the spacing between bars in the chart to just the right values. I have no problem doing this, except that Ninja 7 is taking upon itself the task of changing the margin between the vertical axis labels and the right edge of the chart window when I change the axis scaling and then restore it by clicking the "F" box that appears. I normally have my chart window set so that the plot area has a width of 1035 pixels. When Ninja changes the margin, it leaves the window size unchanged and reduces the plot area to 1027 pixels. On rare occasions, I have gotten the plot width back to 1035 by rescaling the vertical axis and clicking "F", but I cannot figure out how to make that happen when I want it to. The only way I have found to restore the chart is to reload a template, and that restarts my real time indicator, so that is not viable. The alternative is to resize the window every time Ninja decides to change the width of the plot area. Something should be done to keep Ninja from resizing the plot area

Hello,

This is standard NinjaTrader design is it will always adjust the scale to fit the highest high and lowest low in the chart.

Your indicator should be coded in a manor that it complient with this and adjusts its objects based on this. Unless your overriding Plot which it seems like you might be doing.

Your only other option is to set the scale manually and put it in Fixed mode. This is the F in the top right hand corner fo the chart. Do not click the F however doing this sets you back to automatic. By asjusting the scale this puts you into fixed mode and the charts scale will not change. If you need you can move the chart up and down by holding down shift on the keyboard and left clicking and draging in the price axis on the right.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

The automatic vertical scaling to match the highest high and the lowest low is not the problem. The problem is that if I manually change the vertical scale and the "F" box appears, when I click on the box to return to automatic vertical scaling, the horizontal scaling is being inconsistently changed. I just tried about 20 times to reproduce the problem before I could make it happen. Earlier I could not avoid it. If the behavior were consistent, I could easily accommodate the "standard design." I have no idea what makes it happen at some times, and not at others.

Comment

Hello,

when I click on the box to return to automatic vertical scaling, the horizontal scaling is being inconsistently changed.
        When you say this I need some more specifics on this, any chance you can post reproduce steps or a video of this occurring as I'm not quite clear what you mean by this.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh