Moving strategies from Old Hard Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving strategies from Old Hard Drive

I just put NT on a faster computer. I would like to know how to get my strategies off the old hard drive. It is out of the computer and is attached to the new computer as a backup. I cant find them on the old hard drive to import them. Also is there a way to import my workspaces and sim accounts?

Larry, are you able to access anything on the old hard drive while it is in your new computer?

There are two different ways the folder structure could start, depending on which OS you were running. The two places to check are (I'm assigning your new drive letter X because I don't know what it is assigned in your new computer):

X:/Users/<your user name here>/Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/custom/strategies
    X:/Documents and Settings/<your user name here>/My Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/custom/strategies

An alternative would be to do a simple search for one of your strategies (or even one of the built-in strategies, like "@SampleMACrossover.cs"), and that should bring you to the correct folder.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was looking for them in program files ninja trader, I didn't know there was a folder in my users dir.
      thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 07:24 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes