ATM Stop Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Stop Orders

My ATM has 3 Targets and each has a stop loss at a different price.
    After entry I have my 3 targets and the corresponding stop loss. Perfect. BUT
    If the 3 stop losses are moved to the same price they become merged into 1 stop loss order.
    Is there a way to keep my 3 separate stop loss orders, even if they are all placed at the same price?
    Thx

Hello chrisp,

Yes, this is possible if the stops were submitted as seperate orders and subsequently you modify one stop to the same price as the other stop. Subsequently, you can use the Increase and Decrease columns in the Control Center-->Orders-tab to seperate the orders.

If the stops were submitted as one order, unfortunately you cannot seperate them. You could decrease the order size and manually submit a stop order at a different price.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Setting up an ATM Strategy to handle Targets & Stops upon Market Entry & Execution

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello chrisp,

Yes, this is possible if the stops were submitted as seperate orders and subsequently you modify one stop to the same price as the other stop. Subsequently, you can use the Increase and Decrease columns in the Control Center-->Orders-tab to seperate the orders.

If the stops were submitted as one order, unfortunately you cannot seperate them. You could decrease the order size and manually submit a stop order at a different price.

Jason, this is exactly what i want to do. based on the weekly atr for a given market, i want to set the limit orders that will serve as my targets based on the atr figure, so that every time i place an order to enter the market, the platform will fire off my two profit targets based on the weekly atr numbers that i would manually input every sunday. the stop orders would also be a function of another variable. at the end of the day however, i have the discretion of adjusting the orders +/- 10 pips if needed. all i need is the 3 orders (2 targets, 1 stop loss) to fire off upon execution of my entry. can you point me in the right direction to figure out how to set myself up? thanks!!!

Comment

Hello TakeYourProfits,

You will need to create an automated strategy that will submit orders as per the conditions you program. Please see the link below for information to create custom automated strategies.

If you do not have any programming experience, you can contact any of the supported NinjaScript consultants at the following link.

Comment

no you missed out on what i was saying... i dont want the machine to submit the orders. i myself will submit the orders. however, when ninja executes the order, i want the machine to produce 1 stop order and two profit targets that i can manually adjust into position once my entry limit orders have been executed. how to i get two profit targets and one protective stop order to be placed after i execute my own entry. what i dont want to do i place 3 separate additional orders after i have already placed my entry orders. im not trying to automate my entries, i am trying to automate my exits

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

You can use an ATM strategy to submit 1 stop loss order and 2 profit target orders once your entry order fills. You would enter the same value in the 'Stop loss' field for 'Target 1' and 'Target 2'. You will need to enter different values in the 'Profit target' field so two profit target orders are submitted. Please see the link below for information regarding ATM strategies.

The screenshot displays an example of how to setup the ATM strategy.
            You can modify the stop loss or profit target to your liking once they are submitted and accepted.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
            1 response