NT7 Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Crash

How can i know the computer crash may be caused by NT software ? or not .. Since i just upgrade to NT7 R6 and when i start to run the software for a while suddently the computer crash .. I just run NT 7 and IB version 917. My computer is running on window Vista and install service pack 1. Anyone can give me some hint...Thanks a lot

Hello thaifans,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7 >Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot i just send the log files to the mail address that y mentioned.. hope can get some hints.

Comment

Were you able to get an resolution to this?

I have the same problem. I'm running NT 7 (latest release) 64-bit on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Brand new Lenovo ThinkPad W520. Twice today while running NT, I get a Windows 7 Event Id:41 Kernel-Power error. The computer simply hangs and reboots randomly. All my hardware system tests and stress tests are coming back as Passed.

I check the NT logs at the time of the crash and there are not any indications of issues.

Unfortunately, there is no clear way to identify what is causing the Kernel-Power error. The MicroSoft KB article (2028504) would seem to indicate hardware problems, but this is a brand new computer and the test are all coming back ok.

I may try installing the 32-bit NT instead and see what happens. Also may have to uninstall NT altogether to see if NT is the problem software or not... I hate the trial and error nature of figuring this out, but I don't know what else to do unless someone has other suggestions?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi ToddPMan,

I'm not aware of anything within NinjaTrader which would cause this type of issue, but I would like to take a look at your diagnostic file just to make sure that nothing is being overlooked.

If you'd send that file in a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line, I'll follow up with you via email.

The trace file will be found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
          Today's file would be named 'trace.20110728.txt'.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post GLFX005
          by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM