Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading UK

Will NT work OK with the new MBT UK?

As far as I can see it is similar to US but with different leverage and allows Hedging.

Thanks

Alan

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

I have not run into a customer yet with one of these accounts so this is untested to be honost. If you try this please let us know if this works or not works however I would expect it to work as long as MBTNavigator API could connect.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

OK Brett, I have sent mail to MBT UK and will let you know.

I have a, as yet unfunded, US a/c which I was going to use with NT as yet not purchased, but dont want to purchase NT until sure.

I assume I cant try it with a demo a/c?

Alan

Comment

I would try it for sure.

-Brett

Comment

Sorry Brett, are you saying I can try the connection on a MBT a/c DEMO without purchasing NT?

Comment

right. You can setup the account and at least try to get connected. You can do all this with the free version. Then when your ready to trade live you can then purchase when ready.

Comment

OK thanks I never knew that, I could have been testing all this time!

Cheers

Alan

Comment

OK have connected to my MBT Demo with no problem.

Should I be able to trade the demo or does that need purchased NT?

Also is there any details of what I can and cant do with MBT when purchased e.g they now offer rebates for Limit orders, will I be able to do that?

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Yes you may trade in simulation for as long as you wish absolutely free and will only be required to purchase or lease a Live NinjaTrader license key when you would like access to any live accounts within NinjaTrader.

Yes you may submit Limit Orders within NinjaTrader however you will need to contact MB Trading for further information about their rebate programs.
                  Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I know I can trade on the NT SIM AC but can I trade the MBT DEMO AC via NT.

If I can how, as the only AC NT offers is SIM101.

I want to be able to see exactly what is passed through to MBT and what is held on NT.

I am confused as to what happens. For Example, if I place as Trade with STOP/LIMIT orders attached (OCO)?

Comment

Hi,

When you are connected to the MBT Demo account, you are using the Sim account. You'll receive MBT's data and can use it to paper trade in the Sim 101 account. Ther is no separate or different Sim account for MBT in NT. You'll use it through the Sim 101 account.

To see where your orders reside with MBT, please go here:
                      Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the
                      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Vincent, as I thought you cant trade a MBT Demo A/C without purchasing NT, I realize I can simulate it but not what I was after.

"MB Trading
                        Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on MBT's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
                        OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC."

I had read the above but having read through a search on many MBT threads I would still like clarification.

Where can I see that the Accepted / Working states are in effect? Would I see that in MBT Navigator?

If I place an order (Market or Entry) together with Stops and Take Profit orders, these are (are they not?) OCO types? Therefor from what you say they will not be in effect on the MBT site until triggered by NT?

Thanks, sorry to be pedantic, but without purchasing NT I can't confirm what happens for myself.

It would be good if NT offered a weeks trial restricted to a Demo a/c before purchasing NT and funding the broker live account.

Alan

Comment

Hello,

No problem. What this means is that the stop orders will be on MBT servers. You can check these states in the control center orders tab as well.

However the linking between a stop loss and profit target for example(could be any two linked orders) is done locally by NinjaTrader meaning that you need to have NinjaTrader connected to see the order get filled or cancelled to then cancel the other order.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Brett, I think this is probably a terminology issue for me, sorry.

I need it spelled out loud and clear for me. So when I place an order with linked stop/take profit only the ENTRY order will reside on MBT server, NOT the STOP/LIMIT orders?? Is that right?

If this is so it would mean that you cant take advantage of MBT Limit Order rebate because the LIMIT order will NOT be active on MBT, I assume NT just sends a CLOSE?

THanks

Alan

Comment

[QUOTEI need it spelled out loud and clear for me. So when I place an order with linked stop/take profit only the ENTRY order will reside on MBT server, NOT the STOP/LIMIT orders?? Is that right?][/QUOTE]

No the stop/limit order will be on MBT server.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB