NT/CQG Index (^DJIA) Charting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT/CQG Index (^DJIA) Charting

I'm currently using NT 7.0.1.6 with CQG. If I plot indexes such as ^DJIA, ^COMP, etc. on a chart I can get only historical values, no live updating. As soon as I reload historical data then I get the indexes "updated" but still not live, just the last "snapshot". Is this phenomenon because my data vendor (CQG) is providing the indexes as historical data but not real time? My futures data typically comes through Globex and is working fine for real time and historical, but I noticed that the index data comes through different exchanges such as NYSE or Nasdaq. I would like to have the indexes real time, if possible, but its not critical - just another piece of info. Thanks.

Hi higler,

Thanks for your post.

If you load ^DJIA or ^COMP in the Orders tab of the Control Center, do you see any real-time data streaming, or do the bid, ask and last values remain as 'N/A'?

Since the NinjaTrader historical data servers are used, it could be that your account isn't authorized for real-time index data. The historical data servers don't check to see if you're authorized for real-time data, so this may explain the issue.

If it seems that real-time data isn't available, you would next need to follow up with your broker to add the service.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle - I'm getting the N/A's. I'll check with my broker. Thanks.

Comment

NT Symbol Map Suggested Correction

I checked with my broker and they "turned on" the indices for me. Most the indices were working fine except for the DJIA index. I did a little testing in Instrument Manager and the current NinjaTrader CQG default symbol map for the DJIA index is incorrect. NT default for CQG has it as DJTICI which gives strange values (don't know what it represents but not the DJIA index). The correct CQG mapping symbol is DJIA and this returns the correct DJIA values. You might want to check this on your end and see if you agree with me. Thanks.

Comment

You might have a legacy symbol map from an older version of NinjaTrader. The current default symbol map is in fact DJIA.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm on 7.0.1.6. Is there a way to update my entire symbol map if I am on a legacy symbol map from an earlier version? Thanks.

Comment

Hi higler,

You could reset the instrument list to effect this change.
              To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

After resetting, please restart NinjaTrader for the change to take effect.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I reset the instrument list and all the indices are working great. Even a couple that I hadn't realized weren't updating live are now updating real time. Thanks. As usual, NT has a great support team!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse