Futures with TDAmeritrade / TOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures with TDAmeritrade / TOS

Can NT trade futures using TOS / Ameritrade as the datafeed? I'm specifically looking to trade /ES. If so, how do I get intraday data as all I can see is end of data data.

I'm a newby and searched the forum but didn't find an answer. Thanks for your time.

blconnell,

Thank you for your post.

ToS is not supported as a data provider, however you can use a TD AMERITRADE as a datafeed and a broker, although the TDA feed will only supported Equities and Indices. Futures will not be supported on this connection.

Click here for more information on the varying levels of data of our supported connectivity providers

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to TD AMERITRADE and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the TD AMERITRADE Connection Guide

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

So would recommend using Kineticks for the datafeed and using TD Ameritrade as the broker? I read somewhere you could have two connections. Am I on the right track?

Comment

blconnell,

Yes you can use two connections at once - however TDA does not support trading Futures through their API. This mean you will not be able to trade the ES through TDA.

Kinetick will give you data to the ES, however you will not be able to trade with this connection alone.

I would suggest looking into another provider such as Zen-Fire or Trading Technologies.

More information on Multiple Connections can be found below:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

TDAmeritrade broker support for futures

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          blconnell,

Yes you can use two connections at once - however TDA does not support trading Futures through their API. This mean you will not be able to trade the ES through TDA.

Kinetick will give you data to the ES, however you will not be able to trade with this connection alone.

I would suggest looking into another provider such as Zen-Fire or Trading Technologies.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm
          Hi Matthew,

Is this still the case or are there any improvements - can one with TDAmeritrade (futures/stocks) account use Ninjatrader either for charting or trading?

thx

Comment

stock chart issue with TDAmeritrade connection

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            blconnell,

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm
            Hi Matthew,

If you look @ attached pic - there's something wrong with the charting for TDAmeritrade - you can see today's 4th of Jan, and the chart shows a day bar for 5th of Jan.

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
              The TD Ameritrade API still only supports Equities. You can view what data providers API's support at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...y_provider.htm

The chart is correct. This is how bars are built in NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader stamps a bar with the closing time of the bar. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:31:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM. Using end of bar time stamps is required in order to be able to plot multiple series of differing time frames within a single chart all accurately synchronized to time. This is going to be the same with a daily bar. The 1/5/16 bar is made up of data from 1/4/16 12:00AM to 1/4/16 11:59PM. Please see the following link on How Bars are Built: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._are_built.htm
              Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello . I want to know if the api NinjaTrader has been updated to use the F and FX instruments?

Comment

Hello Jonatan Allan,
                  Thanks for your reply.
                  No, you can only access equities and index data with TD Ameritrde in NinjaTrader.
                  BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post loganjarosz123  
                  Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes