CQG Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG Errors

Trying to setup my CQG Demo account, but have been having a number of problems. As it stands, now, I am able to get the green indicator to show connected in my control center, (which indicates the login is working) but no data is actually showing up on my charts. My DOM is still blank w/ the proper ES 09/11 instrument loaded.

I am noticing in the logs, the following error message:
    "CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDepthResolve: F.US.ES.U11 could not be resolved"

I've gone so far as to bypass my firewall over a wide open DSL network, (as requested by the CQG technician) and am still getting the same errors in the logs.

The tech told me to try the following steps to resolve:

Open Ninja Trader but do not connect to a feed
    If you have it set to connect on startup please disconnect
    Click on Tools > Options
    Select the tab marked Data
    Click the button marked Repair DB and OK after that completes.
    Click the button marked Reset Instruments
    Click Yes to continue
    Click OK
    Close Ninja Trader and reopen it
    Connect
    Try opening a new DOM

To be honest, at this point, my faith in their tech support team is waning, and I'm concerned about losing all my other account login info, and/or all my chart setups.

Question 1) Is this a known problem that maybe NT members can shed some light on?

Question 2) If not, how can I save a copy of my NT settings so that if everything gets erased, I can easily reinstall?

Hi jasterm,

Thanks for your post.

Which interval are you charting in?

Also, just to confirm, you are using 'ES 09-11' and not 'F.US.ES.U11', correct?

The steps required to create a backup of your current settings are outlined here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle. I'm using 3 min. charts, and yes, i'm using 09/11 contract. Also, something interesting to note; after the charts come up as connected, my bar timer indicator is counting down as though data is coming through correctly (no chart activity though), but once it tracks down to zero, it stops and doesn't reset to 3:00 min again.

Comment

Hi jasterm,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In your message, please include:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Today's trace file.
        You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        The file I'm looking for is named 'trace.20110708.txt'.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle. I ran the backup to be on the safe side, as instructed and went ahead and went through the instructions on resetting the database and instrument via the control center. This seems to have done it, and I can now connect to the CQG feed successfully. I don't think you needed the trace file, but I've gone ahead and sent it off to you for reference in case you wanted it anyway. As usual, thanks for all your support. NT Support is by far the best!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Barry Milan  
          Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes