Backtesting, net profit with no trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtesting, net profit with no trades

See Screenshot. How is ninjatrader recording no trades yet showing a loss or profit.

Believe this is some type of bug....
    Attached Files

Hi Ben, I would agree from the screenshot - which version are you using and could you email me perhaps at support a strategy / scenario I could use to reproduce it here on my end?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

I am not able to send this code. But as i suspected there is some type of underlying issue with files in ninja. Sometimes when you make changes to the code and recompile the changes are still left intact even though the code is completely removed. The only way i was able to get this code to work was to open in VS and resave as a new file name, change the name, recompile and then i am now getting trades. Zero change to the code.

This is a problem i have posted about before. Sometimes removing code does not actually remove it...Meaning its gone as in not visible but it still compiles as if it was there.

An example....Adding a custom using directive, and then running methods from it. If the using directive for those methods is removed and then recompiled it should throw an error. It sometimes will recompile successfully and even run tests successfully.

I will provide any information i can, but this is not limited to one particular system or code. Its an issue that has been happening for a few months. I am using 7.6

Comment

Hi Ben, thanks for the detailed reply - I'm aware you posted something similar before, however I would still be looking for a reproducible set of steps to see this happen cleanly - I'm working with different codes extensively on a daily basis and have not seen anything similar on my end here. Surely I'll be also testing commenting out using directives calling methods / enum namespaces here in the hope to get to the core of it. Thanks again and if you see anything further that might help, please let me know.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses