X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limiting Automated Trading to One Trade at a Time

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to do the following:

1) While having multiple strategies "ready", once one strategy fires a trade, the others "hold off" until that trade is complete. In other words, only being in one trade at a time.

Similarly,

2) While having multiple stragies "ready", only one trade is made on a security at a time. For example, I might have 12 strategies (4 strategies for each of the three expirations of /YM). But once one strategy fires a trade on /YM 9-11 (for example), the other three strategies that trade that security hold off, even if conditions for a buy are met, until that first trade is completed. At the same time, one trade at a time can happen for /YM 12-11, and /YM 03-11 etc.

Is this doable?

Thanks in advance for any help.

outstretchedarm, this is possible but it is not officially supported. In NinjaTrader, strategies are run 100% independent of each other, so if one takes a trade, the others will not know about it.

There are workarounds though, like having each strategy read/write to a database to see if it is an appropriate time to take a trade. Another option would be to code in the logic from all strategies into a single strategy and then have that single strategy make trading decisions.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That sounds about right. Though I'm a long way from being able to script something like that myself. I hardly know anything about code.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      15 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes