Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Orange alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I want to make one extremely important suggestion for NT development.

When you get an "orange" connection status, I WANT AN IMMEDIATE EMAIL NOTIFICATION!!!

Further I want the ability to set a special audible alarm when this occurs.

Why? When the orange alert happens, my API (PFG thanks again) has crashed, and I have received ZERO notification.

I can be away for an hour and have positions move against me considerably and never be the wiser, faithfully trusting (stupid I know) Ninjatrader and PFG to do their job flawlessly. That is the reason I forked out a G for a lifetime license right?

RDPoS, sorry for our late update here - the orange status should raise a disconnect alert as either your price or order connection has an issue in this case - if you set up the emailing of Alert messages under Tools > Options > Misc you should get a notification in this case.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Indeed I do have the email alerts set up. I will double check the settings. Still there appears to be no auditory notification for an orange connection. This second line of defense would be a great addition. Can you guys add it in the next update please?

Comment

Ok, please doublecheck your settings and let us know - I've forwarded your audible alarm suggestion for the 'orange' state as well to product management - thanks for the input.

Comment

Rechecked, and indeed all the settings are correct. I seem to only get a notification though when the strategy sends it but occasionally will not receive it when NT itself loses connection. I tested it through the options panel and did receive the test email.

An audio setting for the orange would be very helpful because when you get an orange, the strat has a tendency to be disabled, thus even if it is coded, no notification gets sent.

Comment

Thanks for checking, I will test it here on our end, too - the audible alert has been added to our list and I'll provide you with a tracking # shortly.

Comment

Got a tracking # on that?

The latest and not so greatest PFG API appears to have a bug. Tends to crap out after around 72 hours yielding an Exception 9 script error or something like that. Of course there is zero notification from NT that there is any issue at all. That is kind of dangerous don't ya think? Result: Orange connection status and ZERO notification!

Comment

RDPoS,

I will need to have Bertrand follow up with a tracking ID.

However you may be interested in our 3rd party partner who offers this sort of functionality to products like NinjaTrader using the Trade Watch add-on:

Trading platforms and servers for maximum uptime and total trade automation for desktops, servers and cloud computers. For TradeStation, NinjaTrader, MultiChart
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

This sort of thing seems to be a pretty critical area that should be standard in NT, not relegated to some 3rd party add-on that NT can wash its hands of like a broker API.

3 months isn't enough for Bertrand to getting a Tracking ID?

Comment

RDPoS, apologies for not sharing this with you earlier in this thread - your suggestion is being tracked under # 1350 in product managements enhancement lists.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post kempotrader  
                    Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes