Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart-account

Hello,
    I have organized my charts and strategies so that for 1 instrument I have 4 chartwindows. 2 charts of them are for 2 different strategies to organize, control and analyse the trades better than with one chart-strategy-window. I have made 2 accounts so that I can use seperate accounts the each chart.

For each strategy-chart I have beside a chart with chart-trader enabled so that I can see the stoplosses and also to close manually.

How can I have 2 charts for having one chart with chart-trader for strategy A and one chart with chart-trader for strategy B to avoid that all trades are shown in one chart? (I couldn´t find to use a certain account for, or how can this be done?)

Thanks
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 07-11-2011, 12:37 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Chart Trader will show all positions for this account for that specific account. In this scenario you will be required to use a seperate account for each strategy then select each account in the seperate Chart Trader window.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I can not select an account in chart trader! (Or can this be done and I don´t know) For your information - I work in Sim-Mode. Can there not be selected another account in Sim-Mode? (I have bought a lifetime-license from NinjaTrader but for technical reasons I need Sim-Mode)

Thanks
      Tony
      Last edited by tonynt; 07-11-2011, 12:48 PM. Reason: typing error

Comment

Yes you may create additional Simulation accounts with the steps I have provided below:
        • Disconnect
        • Tools
        • Options
        • Simulator tab
        • Accounts
        • Input a new account name for example Sim202
        • Click Save
        • Click Ok
        • Reconnect
        Next in order to access the other simulation account go to File and uncheck "Global Simulation Mode".

Now when applying your strategies use seperate accounts for each Automated Strategy.

Next within Chart Trader select the different simulation accounts from the Accounts drop down menu.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 07-11-2011, 12:56 PM.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks again. This I had done already of course for having more than 1 account. But I can not uncheck "Global Simulation Mode" - it´s light gray and can not be unchecked. For your information I work with External Datafeed Connection.

Your suggestion can not be done also with Mirus datafeed connection, so this refers not to external datafeed. So, how can this be done when you do this advice?
          Last edited by tonynt; 07-11-2011, 02:13 PM. Reason: add information

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bill2023  
          Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes