Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintaning the PC when I have a real-time running strategy

Hi NT,

I have an automated strategy that trades for few days and also hold during the weekend.
    My data provider is Kinetick. During the weekend I have some disconnection from my internet and I want to restart my PC as well.
    Is there a way to do it and the strategy will continue in a real-time mode when I start it again and not in yellow? Also if I want to edit the parameter of the strategy after it started, is it possible?

I hope I made my self understood :-)

TX in advance!

Hi freewind,

Yes, you can use if (Historical) return; for a real time strategy. This will prevent processing for all historical bars.

Enabled strategies do not permit any changes while they are running. For any changes you must reload NinjaScript or disable / enable the strategy, which stops and restarts the strategy.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan.
      What I need is probably the
      Wait until flat before executing live, Sync account position = true
      Does this setting allow me to disable my strategy for maintenance and then enable it again and the strategy will close the open positions when the strategy signal it?
      For example:
      Friday the automatic strategy buy 1ES contract. The strategy is long.
      On Sunday I disable the strategy restart my PC and then enable the strategy again.
      On Monday the strategy need to close the position sell 1ES contract.

Which NT option will preform such trade?

TX!

Comment

freewind, you would then need the 'immediately submit' option, as WaitUntilFlat would mean it's only trading the next live generated entry and would not factor in a reverse as needed in your setup.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, but I already have the position in the market(in my Account) I don't want it to resubmit it to the market, I just want it to be in sync.(strategy and market) and when the strategy signal to close the position I want to execute a real live order in the market..

Comment

Yes, that's the case Bertrand explains with Immediately submit. If the strategy is in a historical position and you want it to process live the next exit order, then immediately submit will do this.

There are a few different outcomes depending on a couple settings and the strategy position at the start. These are detailed here:

Comment

I'm very confuse so I'm sorry for nagging on this critical issue...

1. I understand that I need to set 'Sync account position = false' because I don't want to close my real positions in the market.

2. I'll need to set Immediately submit, BUT what I'm not fully understand how I sync. my strategy position with my account position, so when my strategy exit it will exit also from the market.

Thanks in advance for your patience...

Comment

There's unfortunately no way to state explicitly a strategy position. The strategy is run against historical data and will then have a historical position. A proper sync is only available when the prior, actual run of the strategy matches with the new historical run.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I can assume the historical data position is matching my Account position, which option should I choose?

Comment

Then run with 'immediately submit' and no sync option - as the sync is present as you claim.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CactusMan  
                      Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM