Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Issues

Hello

I'm on the latest version of Ninja 7 and for the last few days I've been having some issues with my ISP.
    A couple of times a day I get very short (2-5 sec) service interruptions, resulting in Ninja displaying "Connection Lost" messages. This is OK as it's not a Ninja-related issue. What's strange however is that while all my other applications are online again once the internet connection is reestablished, Ninja isn't.

As an example, my Skype icon turns grey (offline) and then green (online) in a matter of seconds, so I know that my internet connection is running again. Ninja however stays disconnected and I have to exit and restart the whole application, which is obviously very annoying.

Hi laocoon,

Thanks for your post.

Which data source are you using with NinjaTrader?

Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will attempt to reestablish the connection, but there is a limit to the number of attempts NinjaTrader will make - additionally some API's actually do require a restart to reconnect.

I would believe that something like Skype which uses a more distributed set of servers would reconnect faster than something where you're connecting to one sever or set of servers in a specific geographic location. Skype's sever set would have more ways for the connection to be reestablished is one way to think of it.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Zen Fire and in the past when a short connection issue occurred Ninja was back online whithin a couple of seconds. It's only in the last few days that it took much longer (so long that I had to restart).

Thanks

Comment

Hi laocoon,

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

There haven't been any changes on the NinjaTrader side to Zen-Fire in the last few days. Likewise, I'm not aware of any changes on the Zen-Fire side of things recently either.

If there haven't been any recent changes on your end either, you might simply need to restart your router, modem and PC if it's not been done lately.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes