Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript Import Error

Hi There,

I was trying to import a strategy from one computer to another. on the first computer, the strategy was exported as a protected DLL. When I try to import it on the second computer, I get the following error:

"Import failed. The existing NinjaScript file 'c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Administrator\Ninjatrader 6\bin\Custom\Strategy4' contains duplicate method names found in the imported NinjaScript Archive File.

Question ... What is this error referring to and what is my best way around it? There are alos indicators contained in the strategy that already exist on the second computer. Am I best not to re-export / import these indicators?

Thanks for the help,

Learning1

I think you might have yourself a whole mess of overlapping method names. It might be best for you to just clear out all custom strategies/indicators you have on your second comp and just transfer a clean set over from your first comp.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That worked

This must have been the issue. After clearing out a couple of former similar strategies, the new ones imported fine.

Thanks Josh

Comment

Josh

I got the same error...i.e. duplicate method names

I removed all custom indicators and strategies from my importing computer and still get the message.

The only thing I did differently with this import was that I was connected to Zenfire when I did:

step 1: Remove NinjaScript Assembly
        step 2: Import NinjsScript

I had a chart running with a custom template without any custom indicators/strategies loaded. I was wondering if that made a difference with respect to the Remove...i.e. maybe did not remove everything from the old assembly.

I deleted all workspaces and restarted NT and still get the message on import.

What do you recommend I try next?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi ATI user, best would be to do a complete, fresh setup of NinjaTrader - uninstall it and make sure you delete the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 folder.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok...thanks

where are the ATM templates stored so I can save them instead of re-creating 10 templates

Comment

The ATM templates are stored in your database, you can back it up with this link here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...upArchive.html

I would exclude the NinjaScript files from it in your special case.
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
              1 response
              0 likes