Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Number of simultaneous connections available ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of simultaneous connections available ??

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a max number of simultaneous connection available with ninjaTrader with the same broker ?

For example, on the same broker like Interactive Broker, if I have 5 accounts, am I able to connect ninjaTrader simultaneously on my 5 different accounts ??

Is there a maximum number of connection ? Am I able to connect 10 or 20 (or more) accounts on the same broker simultaneously with NinjaTrader ?

Thank you

Hello Kronos,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately you may only connect to one IB connection at a time and NinjaTrader does not support multiple connections the same API. If you would like access to all accounts you will need to speak with your broker and have them set all account to share the same login credentials.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your answer...

But if I have only one login to all accounts, how can I do to send for example one Buy order on account 1 only ?

Thank you

Comment

If all accounts share the same credentials once connected within NinjaTrader you will have access to all of the accounts from the Accounts drop down menu when submitting orders.

For example if you have 5 accounts that share this information all 5 seperate accounts will be available within NinjaTrader once connected.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't understand your first answer "(Unfortunately you may only connect to one IB connection at a time and NinjaTrader does not support multiple connections the same API.)" because I found this on the forum:

Connecting To Multiple IB Accounts (multiple TWS instances) Simultaneously
          You can connect to multiple TWS instances by creating two separate connections in the NinjaTrader Connection Manager. Just repeat the steps above with one exception. Set the different port numbers for each connection. For example:
          TWS Instance One - Configure > API > Socket Port = 7496
          TWS Instance Two - Configure > API > Socket Port = 4000
          When setting up a connection for each TWS instance, ensure that the correct port numbers are reflected.

According to the answer from "NinjaTrader_Dierk":

That is correct, meaning you can connect to multiple instances of TWS if they are running already. However, NT does not support starting multiple instances at this time (as you experienced).

What must I think ? Who is right ?

Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Hello Kronos,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately you may only connect to one IB connection at a time and NinjaTrader does not support multiple connections the same API. If you would like access to all accounts you will need to speak with your broker and have them set all account to share the same login credentials.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Kronos,

It used to be supported a long time ago (2007), but unfortunately this is not supported anymore.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But according to NinjaTrader_Kyle (06-06-2011, 07:11 AM ) it is possible to have multiple simustaneously connections on the same broker IB:

Hi hongchen2000,

Thank you for reporting this.

We've encountered this error a few times recently. In all cases, the issue could be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling TWS.

And on the attached file, you can see I am able to connect simultaneously 3 IB account which have 3 different usernames and passwords !

I would like to know if it is possible to connect more than 3 connections on the same time with the same broker like I show you on the screenshot ??

Thank you

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello Kronos,

It used to be supported a long time ago (2007), but unfortunately this is not supported anymore.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Kronos; 07-14-2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Yes, it is possible using the instructions below, however this is not officially supported anymore.

You will need to ensure each IB connection uses a different port number and Client ID when creating the connections in NinjaTrader.

Make sure each TWS instance uses the proper port number in the TWS API settings.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can do multiple TWS startup and connect to NT with the help of the NinjaTinyMobileTrader interface functions. Unfortunately this is not free.

regards
                  Andreas
                  Start trading with Exness, a leading platform offering low spreads, advanced tools & a wide range of assets. Open your account today!

Comment

But NinjaTinyMobileTrader is not a computer version ?? On the site, I can read "Android and Iphone compatible"

I don't understand...

Do you personnally use this application to have multiple TWS startup and connect to NT on a computer ??

Thank you

Originally posted by zweistein View Post
                    You can do multiple TWS startup and connect to NT with the help of the interface functions. Unfortunately this is not free.

regards
                    Andreas
                    http://www.zweisteintrading.eu/ninja...biletrader.htm

Comment

NinjaTinyMobileTrader (NTMT) is a set of libraries that installs on top of your NT7 installation on your PC, be it 32 or 64 bit. One part of the funtionality is to turn your NT7 installation into a secure web interface through which you can access your running NT7 remotely.
                      There is even a real running version running on a demo account accessible to everyone, but there I do not use an IB account, but Kinetick.

You are interested in a by product of NTMT, which is the TWS interface:
                      I always liked the TWS stability so I designed my connection system such that the launch and login to TWS was handled outside of NinjaTrader by a helper application that is included in NTMT. Once TWS is logged in my software triggers a connection of NinjaTrader to the running instance of TWS. Since i use multiple IB accounts I had to go that route because they are not supported in NT7. By the way I did develop NTMT already for NT6.5 where the automatic connection at startup feature was not present.
                      This TWS interface launches TWS, handles login , handles Challenge/response and most TWS connection errors.
                      I do use this utility personally with real money IB accounts on a regular (daily) basis.

regards
                      Andreas

Comment

Ok Zweistein...thank you for your answer...

I need more informations about your solution:

_ Can you use your tool with IB Gateway connection ?
                        _ How many TWS (or IB Gateway) can you connect simultaneously with NinjaTrader ?
                        _ What is the advantage of your tool since I am able to have 3 connections (see previous attached file: screenshot)

Currently, my problem is: how can I connect with NinjaTrader multiple independant IB account with only one login and one password. I am searching information about Linked account with IB...It's maybe the solution.

Comment

Hello Kronos,

1. can you explain how to install the IB gateway? On the IB web site I always get directed to TWS install.
                          Found out myself: Actually I would not use IB gateway as it will silently update to a newer version number than supported by NinjaTrader. You will run into strange errors because of version mismatch .

2. connection number in principle is unlimited, but I would expect some Ninja limit there.

3. If you store users and passwords in an xml configuration file than you can login to all IB accounts without typing these parameters by hand.
                          Last edited by zweistein; 07-14-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Hello,

the installation of the IB Gateway is on the same time than TWS. And the version is the same than TWS.

As you can see on the screen, my version of IB Gateway is good, and no silently update.

How many simultaneous connections with IB and ninja did you test already ?

I think customer service from ninja don't have the answer.
                            Attached Files

Comment

You can use the ntmt external ib login also to connect using the ib gateway. I have tested 3 different ib connections and it des work without problems. There is certainly no problem connecting to 5 or more ib accounts with this method. All this is included in the ntmt full version.
                              You might be interested in ntmt also for remote access, for automatic lose of the annoying nt messagebox windows and man more reasons ,e.g. spawning a strategy from a strategy. Search through my older threads for more info.
                              Best regards

Andreas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post WHICKED
                              by WHICKED

Started by Felix Reichert, Today, 02:12 PM