X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA Position Size out of Sync with IB

Hi,

I am using IB.

I have a MA window open showing the ES 09-11 data. It currently shows me with a postions size of 1. This is wrong. When I look at Trader Workstation, it correctly shows me with a position size of 0. This has happened more than once. Can you provide some help?

Ninja Trader version 7.0.1000.6 64 bit
    TW Version 917.5
    OS Windows 7 64bit

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Tippey; 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM.

Hi Chris,

Do you have the IB account selected in PositionSize column properties?

What does it show in NT's positions tab for this account?

This value is sent from IB, so should typically match what you see in TWS as well as NT's Positions tab.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I do Ray.

I have a couple of other Instruments in that MA window. One is held in the same account and correctly reflects the Position Size. Another Instrument is held in a different IB account and the Position Size is blank.

To go further, I have 2 accounts under the same login at IB. I also have another MA window open for the other account. This other account currently correctly reflects all positions in the second account (including non-positions)

The CC Positions tab also (incorrectly) shows me short 1 ES car.
      Last edited by Chris Tippey; 07-13-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

NT was showing me short 1 ES contract.

I wanted to close out at the end of the day. I had a Dynamic SuperDOM window open. I hit close, and CC, SuperDOM and MA all immediately showed me long 1 Car. I hit close again to get me flat. Cost me .25 tick though.

Comment

This is unfortunately a limitation of IB FA account.

The IB API only supports position updates on 1 (!) account at a time.because of this NT needs to "round robin" all accounts of an FA accounts based on incoming executions etc.

This takes it's time and delays the position update on FA (sub) accounts. More information on this here:

Comment

OK I Text Chatted with IB support on this issue. The issue is in development for a fix. According to support, a TWS update is released monthly. Most development departments have a schedule for when bugs are going to be addressed. I am asking for IB support to get the schedule for when this fix will be included in the monthly release. Can you do the same? You should be able to get a date as you represent all NT users with this issue and I am just one individual with the problem.

Also, can you post the Ninja Trader issue tracking number for this problem?

Can you get the master issue number from IB support as there are many call at IB for the problem and post it here or with the reference post? It should make referring to the issue easier.
            Last edited by Chris Tippey; 07-14-2011, 10:03 AM.

Comment

We don't have a time frame for a fix available yet, since it as in IB bug. We are fully aware of this issue, and will look into any needed NT changes once it has been resolved on the IB side. Please feel free to update this thread with any additional information you have from IB on this issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin  
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes